Mission Engineering Gemini amps (FRFR)

This would be awesome.... Please let us know

Good feedback. Awesome. 2 x12 is possible but it would be quite large and heavy, how much of an issue is that? I was thinking about adding rack mounts at the rear so you could potentially put power conditioner etc in there although I have to think about the cable routing. Drop down front is interesting. Let me work on it. James.

Usable frequency range is what can be reproduced by the transducer with acceptable dispersion. Ie being able to reproduce 25kHz is one thing, but if you have to get on your knees 1m in front of the cab and turn your ear 180 degrees to hear it, then it's not 'usable' :). Now what's acceptable depends on different manufacturers and use cases. We expect that it should be usable as a guitar cab set on a stage or a in a typical studio setting.

2x12 is a fair request and should be doable.

There will be a path to accommodate certain custom requests such as the empty head. Look for an announcement on that soon.

Protection for the front of the head is a good idea. I will look into it.

I am working on a soft cover option for the cabs and head. For flight cases we will probably just work with a third party to deliver those. Let me know if you have any suggestions. James

Another request if you don't mind.

Perhaps an audio "link" out (like the Atomic CLRs have) so if one wishes to make a mini-stack it's easier to pull off.

i'd love to hear this!

if you guys can, please figure out some sort of hard plastic cover for the front for transport or even for between sets! i personally would be fine if it covers the entire face and some of the top/side/bottom so it holds on. but yeah, that axe value knob will fall right off in one move for me :)

This looks awesome!!! I live in NorCal and have half a mind to drive done there and check that out!! Do you guys let people show up at your shop?

Last edited:
I bet Susan at Studio Slips could make a great cover for the head, logo and all. I'd get it double-padded though, just to be safe.

Did you get any sound clips to share from NAMM? It would be nice to kind of here what it sounds like. That sure looks sexy...

You made a box....

loljk :mrgreen

I keed! I keed!
Yep, Three boxes actually, oh and a multi channel power amplifier, and an active crossover, an a couple of speaker drivers, and a wireless interface, and an EQ stage, and some USB firmware, and a few other bits and pieces :)
James

Yep, Three boxes actually, oh and a multi channel power amplifier, and an active crossover, an a couple of speaker drivers, and a wireless interface, and an EQ stage, and some USB firmware, and a few other bits and pieces :)
James

No big whoop, right? Can't wait to get a look at the backside.

I gotta compete with the other guitar player's Marshall stack.

Any idea what will be the maximum output in dB SPL for the Gemini 2?

The amp/speakers are listed as 12" deep while the Gemini H is listed as 16.25". Presumably the head hangs off the back the extra 4.25". Can you show a pic of it all from the side? You can't really see it in the picture above. Is it going to be fairly stable hanging off the back like that?

Thanks.

The amp/speakers are listed as 12" deep while the Gemini H is listed as 16.25". Presumably the head hangs off the back the extra 4.25". Can you show a pic of it all from the side? You can't really see it in the picture above. Is it going to be fairly stable hanging off the back like that?

Thanks.

There needs to be some clearance at the front of the head so that the controls sit behind the front edge of the head for protection and to allow installation of the blank plate. Similar is required for the rear so that the bodies of the connectors (XLR, 1/4 jack, USB, etc) are maintained within the enclosure. This protects against damage as things are wheeled around tight stage spaces by large road crew ;-) The Axe-Fx is quite deep at 362mm and this is what determines the depth of the head. As you point out, this does result in about a 4" overhang at the rear when used with a Gemini cab. This does not cause any stability issues. There are rubber feet on the base of Gemini H that are about 1.5" diameter I think. They are positioned to distribute the weight as evenly as possible over the available area of the cab. We have more pictures coming in a few days. We may do a short version of Gemini H later that will be the same depth as the cab, but this will primarily be for users of other devices, it will not accommodate the full length of an Axe-Fx. James.

These look really nice. I have a question though. I know mission engineering has an incredible reputation. Are these speakers being built to compete with atomic, etc.as far as being top quality. I guess what I'm asking is the new line 6 thing looks nice but seems kind of like a toy in a way. Are these going to be mid or very high quality speakers. Are they axe fx 2 worthy, there we go. Right now I have 2 mackie dlm 12s and they are doing their job but they seem to be fit more for a pod hd. I mean no disrespect by asking this but I am ready to upgrade and I only want to get the best

Back
Top Bottom