Mission engineering Gemini 212 I'm finally giving up

Billbill

Power User
So last year March I got a mission engineering Gemini 212 stereo cab brand new from sweetwater. First one I had to send back due to an awfully loud hum/buzz that was going on without anything even plugged in, second one was great then last month the right speaker had no output, again, sent it out, fixed and came back worked for one jam session and today I fire it up and same thing, no output from right speaker!! Even going direct without the AxeFx! Totally done with this powered FRFR speaker crap!
My fender HRD3 never fails me so I'm back to that 4CM setup minus its preamp because it still sounds great. That's what I made those Deftones patches on and recorded it.
Can anyone recommend a killer sounding 212 cab and possibly a poweramp to go with it that's got a lot of power?

800w enough power? :)

I don't list any on my website at the moment but I've done a ton of 2x12's and with a Dayton amp it'll have 800w of power... 600w to the woofers and 200w to the tweeters.

Send me an email if you'd like more info.

Thanks,

Mick

I can vouch for Mick (like many others on here). He made me a custom cab several years ago that continues to sound great and be super durable. My first FRFR solution was a Gemini as well and I had similar reliability issues. Mick is the bomb.

800w enough power? :)

I don't list any on my website at the moment but I've done a ton of 2x12's and with a Dayton amp it'll have 800w of power... 600w to the woofers and 200w to the tweeters.

Send me an email if you'd like more info.

Thanks,

Mick
I like your style sir you're on top of that shit. Will do! Thanks!!

I had to send my first one back for the right speaker failure as well. Second one seems to be working well.

Anyway. First post. So much to learn.

I picked up a pair of Mission Engineering powered wedges from Sam Ash. Both were demos but new and (presumably) under warranty. Both of them hum with nothing plugged in.

One isn't so noticeable but the other is unacceptable. The reviews for Mission are great - Cooper Carter not the least of them. But reliability is essential because they are intended for live (stereo) use.

This is an old thread but thought there might be more recent experience with Mission powered cab issues and customer service.

Anybody out there or have you all moved on? And what's Mick doing these days?

Hi All!

I am still going.. albeit with many struggles to get parts and to also try to maintain current pricing while dealing with a great deal of inflation in terms of my costs....

It seems there is a shortage of shipping containers in China and a lack of ability to get ships into port to unload... this has put Eminence into a bind to build speakers and to ship them timely. I have had them delay my shipment now three times.

The cost of supplies has doubled in most cases and even tripled in some so sadly, after more than 10 years in business and for the first time ever I will likely have to go up on my prices.

I know these are struggles that every business is going through at this time. Seems the music industry business has been hit particularly hard with all of this and sadly, I am no exception.

Aside from all that I am good and healthy but am taking care of some loved ones who are not so well at the moment.. Prognosises are all good... just taking some time.

Thanks,

Mick

Back
Top Bottom