Mission Engineering around ?

Justmc

Inspired
Hope someone can shed some light for me on the status of the company. I'm looking to get one of their pedals . I sent an email via their website for some info. No reply yet and it's been a couple of weeks. I saw that the owner frequents this forum and sent a PM via the forum a couple of days ago and still no reply. I am a little concerned about making any kind of purchase as of now since I seem to be communicating into a void.

Thanks

I ordered two pedals this week, and received confirmation of my order via email. I asked 2 questions this week and they were responded to within a day.

I know that NAMM was just a few weeks ago - perhaps you contacted them around that time? They were at NAMM, I've seen the pics. Have you tried contacting them again since?

Even if there is a delay, there is always a good reason, they are the "Fractal Audio" of the pedal world to deal with!!

Honestly, i wouldn't go anywhere else!! (do i get a free pedal now) :mrgreen

Does Mission usually tell you when the pedal has shipped? I ordered one Feb 20 and have only received an order verification. They don't seem to answer emails.

i don't think when i ordered my single button that i got any notification, it just showed up one day and worked awesome.

Once I told them to cancel the order I got the shipping notice the following day. Took almost a month before I got it. Kinda ridiculous not to send updates.

They did respond but M-F and limited hours I guess.

They are worth it though. Very solid and nicely built.

I ordered a pedal Feb 25th. I've received no shipping notifications. I sent an email to them yesterday and a couple hours later I got a reply saying that mine was shipping today.

I ordered a pedal Feb 25th. I've received no shipping notifications. I sent an email to them yesterday and a couple hours later I got a reply saying that mine was shipping today.

Ha! The exact same thing happened to me, but I emailed twice and it took a few days to reply. No biggie, I've just gotten used to fast turnarounds from larger companies. I don't mind waiting if there is some communication.

Got this straight from Mission:

"All mission pedals are built to order and should be allowed 7-10 business days to ship. When the order does ship, you will receive a confirmation email with a tracking number enclosed."

Great company.

I hope they are right about eight to ten days before they ship-- ordered two last Thursday and will be out of town all next week. I was worried the UPS guy would show while I was gone! Sounds like my timing should be about perfect.

I ordered one 11th of January. I sent them an email 8 days ago about the order. Haven't received a reply yet.

UPDATE: I have received my pedal and everything is hunky dory :)

Last edited:
Horrible service...buyer beware!

I purchased my second Mission SP-1 pedal with their new chrome finish & paid via Paypal. 3 weeks later I receive my pedal and the finish is bad on it plus the pedal would not retain it's position. So I send it back & was told it would be taken care of immediately. After many phone calls & a month later the stooges there at Mission send the pedal without any notice while me & my family were at the beach for a few days. I return home and find the Fedex post-it on our front door but no pedal. I call Mission & explain and they tell me "it's not our fault that someone took it off your front doorstep" and "we ship WITHOUT signature confirmation by default". They ship without signature confirmation because it costs an extra $2-3 dollars and they are too cheap to do it correctly. It has now been 2 months since the original order and beyond the time period Paypal offers buyer protection so no recourse there and they (Mission) just avoided me...would answer phone calls, no response to emails. Come to find out our elderly neighbor grabbed the box while we were gone & forgot she had it so I wound up getting my pedal but James & Mission Engineering lost me as a customer. Their customer service & communication skills leave alot to be desired.

Their ordering system/fulfillment process is hit or miss. One pedal I ordered, received an order confirmation within a couple hours and I had it within 2 weeks.
The next pedal I ordered I never received a confirmation, but when I emailed them 3 weeks later for status update I was told it was shipping the next day--coincidence??

I would say yes, but the same thing happened to a friend of mine on 2 separate orders. Both times he emailed them after waiting a month or so and received the same "oh, its shipping out tomorrow" response. WTH??

Their ordering system/fulfillment process is hit or miss.
This.

I ordered my first Mission Pedal a couple years ago around Christmas and it shipped in about 4-5 business days. When I ordered one this summer, I made an inquiry about shipping times and got the "7-10 days" boilerplate. 7-12 would've been more accurate. It arrived the day after I left for vacation. Fortunately, I had a tracking number so I could ask my neighbor to pick it up off my front porch.

Maybe I'm just cursed this summer after winning the "F5 lottery" for a pre-waiting list Axe 2. In addition to the tardy Mission, I'm still waiting on a guitar that I ordered 3-1/2 weeks ago. First the dealer told me that it would ship in 3 business days. Then after 8 business days I received shipping notification...without a tracking number. Last Friday the dealer told me that it was supposed to arrive today...again without a tracking number. Given that it's 6:45pm, I'm not holding my breath. I'm just trying to figure out when to initiate a chargeback with my CC company.

I have ordered a couple of pedals and though delayed a little it was worth the wait, Mission are not Boss, Line6 ext, they don't mass produce, but personally i would be happy to wait a little longer than expected to have the quality they put out.

I have ordered a couple of pedals and though delayed a little it was worth the wait, Mission are not Boss, Line6 ext, they don't mass produce, but personally i would be happy to wait a little longer than expected to have the quality they put out.

"Sugar coating" poor customer service is justified by a good product? Keep drinking the kool-aid fanboy.

Not surprised to see that I wasn't the only one to have negative dealings with Mission. James started a great company, put out a product with a niche that was needed in the market place & then has become complacent in customer service. Without a change, he will wind up like Jeff from Liquid foot...scratching his head wondering what went wrong!

"Sugar coating" poor customer service is justified by a good product? Keep drinking the kool-aid fanboy.

Not surprised to see that I wasn't the only one to have negative dealings with Mission. James started a great company, put out a product with a niche that was needed in the market place & then has become complacent in customer service. Without a change, he will wind up like Jeff from Liquid foot...scratching his head wondering what went wrong!

Well before you start opening your mouth, throwing around terms like "fanboy" "koolaid" maybe you should think a little and you may come to realise that your experience and the experiences of the minority are few and far between.

What you give your experience, using terms like "buyers beware" "horrible service" then feel it is acceptable to call others "fanboys" because they decide to share a very different experience from your own???

Back
Top Bottom