Mission Customer Service

No excuse. That's how very small companies disappear. My company is under 12 but if a customer has an issue, it's dealt with promptly. Take care of people and build customer loyalty. It's the only way to survive.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Mission pedals and have been happy with them. I just want to be able to fix them if (when) something happens. Don't really care where the parts come from.

But that Fractal Exp pedal is looking better everyday.

I'm not going to support bad customer support and I've only got one Mission pedal. I haven't had a problems but I've got no dog in the fight. From the sound of it you have three times the staff they do. It certainly CAN be an excuse. If it's your company, you're probably holding down another job, perhaps everyone is, because I can't imagine they make enough to not worry about payroll.

I'm sure they don't WANT to get a rep for bad customer support, but you can only do what you can do. If you've got four people, building the pedals, taking orders, ordering supplies, paying bills, putting out fires, time slips away pretty fast. You might have 30 customer service calls and messages. And you might not have the ready capital. And I'd bet those four people aren't full time either. I'm just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Tiny companies are a bitch. I'm not saying ANY of this is happening.

I'm not going to support bad customer support and I've only got one Mission pedal. I haven't had a problems but I've got no dog in the fight. From the sound of it you have three times the staff they do. It certainly CAN be an excuse. If it's your company, you're probably holding down another job, perhaps everyone is, because I can't imagine they make enough to not worry about payroll.

I'm sure they don't WANT to get a rep for bad customer support, but you can only do what you can do. If you've got four people, building the pedals, taking orders, ordering supplies, paying bills, putting out fires, time slips away pretty fast. You might have 30 customer service calls and messages. And you might not have the ready capital. And I'd bet those four people aren't full time either. I'm just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I run a very small company as well. To me, great customer support is a choice you have to make, and then re-make almost every day. You have to create a system and let your customers know what it is, then follow the system and deliver on whatever promise you make. For instance, they could easily make say Friday morning "support day", and only accept support requests via email. So if you email them before then you'll get an automated response that you'll get a response by Friday. And then, obviously, they would set aside whatever resources it takes to answer all support requests on Friday each week. Yes, some people might not like that they have to wait up to a week, but as long as they kept their stated promise of responding when they said most people would be really happy. The size of the company does not matter at all to me. Great customers support starts with the choice and creating a system, and sure it's a different system if your 4-5 people in the company to when you're 50 or 5000, but as long as customers you know what to expect, and then get it, that's all that matters.

And it's hard to make the choice because spending the time building and shipping pedals puts food on their table now, vs spending time on support will make sure that they can keep put food on their table in the future. It's also hard creating a system because that takes even more time away from building pedals now, and it's hard managing the system making sure that they deliver on the stated promise. Especially if they've gone into the habit of not doing that in the past.

And to me it is way more fun running a company with repeat happy customers than chasing every last dollar on the table.

I just ordered 3 pedals from them, they didn't offer the color i wanted, quick email, and sure enough they accommodated it.

They were shipped as soon as i made the order

Every time I've emailed I've received a quick response, i have nothing but praise

Though i've learnt with boutique and smaller companies , you catch more flys with honey

First line of every email, Just like to say i think your product is great! :)

I have zero experience with them so I'm not going to say anything negative, but I will admit that I never understood what was so special about painted wah pedals with a 10KΩ pot in them that garnered such a high price. And I looked to see what it was that made them so "special" and I simply could not find it.

But if the customer service is this hit or miss than I think that I made the right choice by steering clear.

I have two. I ordered a Red Blem and it's perfect. I had hoped it would make it appear like I used it more(aka vintage), but the damm thing is Paint Perfect with what looks to be super hard paint. I have made it my default pedal and I love it. I wish it wasn't so heavy, but then I would probably break it. Most of my gigs are with people dancing up next to and behind me. (usually with drink in hand). They trip on my mfc and pedals all the time. I am glad the mission is so strong and well made. Looking inside I can see the only part that moves was designed to be replaced easily. Compared with some other Rocker pedals I have had, it's a keeper.

Last edited:
Not that this proves their service is flawless or anything... but I emailed them when the switch in one of my SP-1s failed (rather strangely... the thread on the switch stripped) and they responded fairly promptly.

Point taken. But still no reply so they are not putting out any fires. If you care, you find the time.

I just ordered 3 pedals from them, they didn't offer the color i wanted, quick email, and sure enough they accommodated it.

They were shipped as soon as i made the order

Every time I've emailed I've received a quick response, i have nothing but praise

Though i've learnt with boutique and smaller companies , you catch more flys with honey

First line of every email, Just like to say i think your product is great! :)

I'm glad to hear your getting great service! Couldn't agree more, and I always do praise a product when I like it in my communications. And I like the Mission pedals! This post was only after considerable time had past with no satisfaction/resolution. Like you, my orders were filled and shipped very quickly too. Unfortunately, after reading thru this thread, seems I'm not the only one having difficulty AFTER the sale. I'm not bailing on Mission but if I end up with 3 pedals in need of repair I'll have to rethink things

Last edited:
Trashing them on a forum is a pretty good way to help them along on the way to failure.

I don't consider anything I've said as trashing anyone. I love the product, I only wish I could get service after the sale. If I were the only one I'd figure it was just a freak thing and deal with it. Well, either way I guess I have to deal with it. Just trying to raise awareness. Hopefully things will improve and Mission only gets stronger.

Very well stated. If people like your product (i.e. Fractal, Atomic) they won't mind waiting for it as long as they know it's a great product with great support!

I run a very small company as well. To me, great customer support is a choice you have to make, and then re-make almost every day. You have to create a system and let your customers know what it is, then follow the system and deliver on whatever promise you make. For instance, they could easily make say Friday morning "support day", and only accept support requests via email. So if you email them before then you'll get an automated response that you'll get a response by Friday. And then, obviously, they would set aside whatever resources it takes to answer all support requests on Friday each week. Yes, some people might not like that they have to wait up to a week, but as long as they kept their stated promise of responding when they said most people would be really happy. The size of the company does not matter at all to me. Great customers support starts with the choice and creating a system, and sure it's a different system if your 4-5 people in the company to when you're 50 or 5000, but as long as customers you know what to expect, and then get it, that's all that matters.

And it's hard to make the choice because spending the time building and shipping pedals puts food on their table now, vs spending time on support will make sure that they can keep put food on their table in the future. It's also hard creating a system because that takes even more time away from building pedals now, and it's hard managing the system making sure that they deliver on the stated promise. Especially if they've gone into the habit of not doing that in the past.

And to me it is way more fun running a company with repeat happy customers than chasing every last dollar on the table.

I don't think we should bash Mission because their support after the sale may be lacking. I think they need to know some of us are not exactly happy but want to be. A little TLC goes a long way in keeping customers and making new ones along the way.

Hi, Would anyone know how to re-wire a Mission EP1-L6 so it becomes the EP1? I bought it for my HD500 & then decided to buy the AXE!

Have you tried contacting Mission Customer Service? They have been very helpful when I have contacted them.
I see on their websites they sell wiring kits, so I assume they don't mind you opening your pedal and making appropriate updates.

Loopie..

I placed an order with the wrong zip code and I couldn't find a way to change it on the website, so I called and left a message and almost immediate got a call back saying they made the change, and I did receive my pedal on time in pefect shape - no issues. So that was good.

That said, they charge WAY WAY too much for express delivery. Like $55 for overnighting one 4 pound pedal within the USA. I hate companies that try to make a LARGE profit off over 3rd party delivery services.

Have you tried contacting Mission Customer Service? They have been very helpful when I have contacted them.
I see on their websites they sell wiring kits, so I assume they don't mind you opening your pedal and making appropriate updates.

Loopie..

Emailed 3 times for advice & nothing! Maybe because I have a UK email they dont do call backs for obvious reasons but an email reply would have been nice!!!! Guess I gotta keep at them. HMM!

I don't consider anything I've said as trashing anyone. I love the product, I only wish I could get service after the sale. If I were the only one I'd figure it was just a freak thing and deal with it. Well, either way I guess I have to deal with it. Just trying to raise awareness. Hopefully things will improve and Mission only gets stronger.

Are you kidding me? Everything you've said in this thread you started has been trashing them. You took your business with them public by detailing how bad their customer service is, inciting others to do the same, leaving any potential customers (perhaps unnecessarily and perhaps undeservedly) wary before a resolution is reached.

If you're such the professional musician how would you like it if a simple internet search of your work revealed one bitching post about how you sucked one night and no one came to see you as a result?

My patience paid off & all your advice to try again.

I emailed again & have got a response this time.

As suggested in the discussion I can buy a kit that can convert the pedal.

The kit seems to convert it to a SP1 by the looks of it, with the latch. so I just have to figure out how to wire it as an EP1 then job done.

Thanks All.

Back
Top Bottom