Mission Customer Service

brianv4

Fractal Fanatic
I use 3 of these. My red one needs a new pot so I contacted thru their support channel as I don't need the whole kit (pot, jacks switch etc). At first, no reply at all. Try again and I was told they'll only sell me the whole kit. So I once again requested a repair and once again no reply. 3 weeks since my first email.

Performing is my bread and butter so if I can't get satisfactory service from a company I must look for alternatives. Fractal and Atomic have been awesome, sorry Mission :(

BTW, this red exp pedal came new out of the box with chipped paint and I never received a response then either

Damn, sorry to hear that... I have only one Mission pedal, SP-2, also red. came shipped to Hong Kong spot on time, finishing flawless and all great. I had a question regarding shipment and I got reply within 48 hours.

again, sorry to hear about this. It shouldn't be like this from any company and def not from Mission which I am confident are very capable of deliver what you need.

That is why I never purchased from Mission, their customer service has seemed shoddy at best, I have no desire to support a company that doesn't have top notch customer service.

i purchased a chrome model...out of the box, it was flawed...looked like plastic and the finish was not uniform. I went back and forth for weeks w/ Mission in order to get a return/replacement. I don't think they understand customer service the way most of us expect. Maybe we are talking difference of Walmart/Nordstrom, but I don't think so.

the user name is MISSION

I visited the factory once to help out testing a switch. they're right down the street from Mesa Boogie. They are good guys, I think about 4 people work there, so it's not like they have a customer service dept. But still, 3 weeks is too long.

I think they said they get those pedal parts thru Dunlop. Don't know if it's just the pedal housing or the guts but maybe you can get the stuff from them.

Sometimes very, very small companies just don't have the manpower to provide great customer service.

No excuse. That's how very small companies disappear. My company is under 12 but if a customer has an issue, it's dealt with promptly. Take care of people and build customer loyalty. It's the only way to survive.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Mission pedals and have been happy with them. I just want to be able to fix them if (when) something happens. Don't really care where the parts come from.

But that Fractal Exp pedal is looking better everyday.

Last edited:
thanks for the info, I'll check it out!

the user name is MISSION

I visited the factory once to help out testing a switch. they're right down the street from Mesa Boogie. They are good guys, I think about 4 people work there, so it's not like they have a customer service dept. But still, 3 weeks is too long.

I think they said they get those pedal parts thru Dunlop. Don't know if it's just the pedal housing or the guts but maybe you can get the stuff from them.

I've got 3 of their expression pedals, and two of them have treadles that have worn to the point where the pedal will not hold it's position (always rocks back forward once I take my foot off). Likewise, their support has been less than helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My one experience with Mission support was great. Had purchased a used EP-1, needed a tension upgrade. They responded quickly to contact, and turned the pedal repair around in a week.

Cost sucked a bit, but that was because of shipping.

I use 3 of these. My red one needs a new pot so I contacted thru their support channel as I don't need the whole kit (pot, jacks switch etc). At first, no reply at all. Try again and I was told they'll only sell me the whole kit. So I once again requested a repair and once again no reply. 3 weeks since my first email.

Performing is my bread and butter so if I can't get satisfactory service from a company I must look for alternatives. Fractal and Atomic have been awesome, sorry Mission :(

BTW, this red exp pedal came new out of the box with chipped paint and I never received a response then either

YEP, Ive had similar lack of response from Mission!

I've contacted them 3 times & not 1 reply. If as Randolfo says its a small 4 man outfit then their success allong side FAS should prompt them to also provide great after service, like FAS.

But whilst i'm on i purchased a Mission EP1-L6.... Does anyone know if it will be ok to use with the MFC101 or will it need tweeking?

Mission is usually pretty responsive, but I haven't had any contact with them in about a year. James (owner) posts here every now and then too. In fact, he even responded to my post on here about the switch in my SP1.

Not dog'n Mission stuff they look like really cool pedals. But I have to say I have had the same two EBVPjr pedals for 8 years now and I have servised them once!... just say'n.

I don't make my money doing gigs but I have done a fair share of gigs with them first with my tube heads back in 06-07 and then the Axe. Some bitch about the little string that does wear out after a wile but I replace it with heavy duty nylon string and they keep on working, No pot issues as of yet.

YEP, Ive had similar lack of response from Mission!

But whilst i'm on i purchased a Mission EP1-L6.... Does anyone know if it will be ok to use with the MFC101 or will it need tweeking?

I bought one of those recently to plug into my -XL. As Hubertus indicates, they are TS. However, mine came with a TRS jack so all I needed to do was add a wire between the pot and the jack (I may have had to change the wire positions on the jack, too but it was only a couple of minutes work). As I bought the pedal for around $50 in like-new condition, I though it was a good deal.

IIRC Line 6 uses TS connections. Axe/MFC needs TRS. So I guess it won't work out of the box.

REALLY!

Dam i'm gonna have to figure a rewire out on this beast then! HMM.....:cry

Can anyone supply me with a picture of the inside (Wiring configuration) of a Mission EP1? If I can get this picture I should be able to convert it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom