Mission Customer Service

I've got 3 of their expression pedals, and two of them have treadles that have worn to the point where the pedal will not hold it's position (always rocks back forward once I take my foot off). Likewise, their support has been less than helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having the exact same problem ... first off I can barely get the allen key into the bolt then when I tighten it, it makes no difference whatsoever .... everytime our drummer hits the kick drum ..... down it creeps! Get's all the way down within 2 bars of a tune.....so i'm stood there with my foot on it all the way through the gig!!
Bad design I reckon! Boss here i come......

you need to read my posts from the beginning. i simply stated what happened. In this thread, I've mentioned several times how much I like their products and that we shouldn't bash them. merely sharing my experience as others here are - hoping for resolution. geez, wtf

Are you kidding me? Everything you've said in this thread you started has been trashing them. You took your business with them public by detailing how bad their customer service is, inciting others to do the same, leaving any potential customers (perhaps unnecessarily and perhaps undeservedly) wary before a resolution is reached.

If you're such the professional musician how would you like it if a simple internet search of your work revealed one bitching post about how you sucked one night and no one came to see you as a result?

Are you kidding me? Everything you've said in this thread you started has been trashing them. You took your business with them public by detailing how bad their customer service is, inciting others to do the same, leaving any potential customers (perhaps unnecessarily and perhaps undeservedly) wary before a resolution is reached.

If you're such the professional musician how would you like it if a simple internet search of your work revealed one bitching post about how you sucked one night and no one came to see you as a result?

Sorry. If a company is doing something shitty, whether it's something wrong with their product or their support, then there is no reason at all that the customer should keep quiet. That's the cost of doing business. If they'd replied I'm sure he wouldn't have felt a need to post about it.

Sorry. If a company is doing something shitty, whether it's something wrong with their product or their support, then there is no reason at all that the customer should keep quiet. That's the cost of doing business. If they'd replied I'm sure he wouldn't have felt a need to post about it.

That's one thing. It's quite another to do a thing and pretend you didn't. That is an absence of integrity.

How old is the pedal, is it under warranty or implied warranty, if not, its totally up to them if they want to sell you a single pot

IMO its only $30 for the kit anyway, and you have spares, i would have paid the money and put the energy expended in to something else

Not responding to a customer's email is probably one of the worst failures in customer service a company can do. Even an automated "We got your email and will reply within X days" is better than simply no response at all. That's a sign of total dismissal of your customers, the very people who are the reason you're in business in the first place.

There's a national water park/hotel chain that we spent a weekend at last year. Our room had a noticeable roach problem. I've stayed a dingy hotels that didn't have the number of creepy crawlies that I saw in our room there. We wrote to corporate after our stay.....no reply. I can't think of a way to be more dismissive of a legitimate complaint.

As a rule of thumb, a business should send a personal reply to a customer inquiry within 72 hours. I think that's very reasonable. If the business is too busy to reply, that's a sign that they need to bring on more resources to handle customer issues. Simply being busy, a small operation with not many people, etc is no excuse for ignoring customers.

I use 3 of these. My red one needs a new pot so I contacted thru their support channel as I don't need the whole kit (pot, jacks switch etc). At first, no reply at all. Try again and I was told they'll only sell me the whole kit. So I once again requested a repair and once again no reply. 3 weeks since my first email.

Performing is my bread and butter so if I can't get satisfactory service from a company I must look for alternatives. Fractal and Atomic have been awesome, sorry Mission :(

BTW, this red exp pedal came new out of the box with chipped paint and I never received a response then either

Sorry to hear you are having problems. I checked our support records for open tickets and didn't see this issue in our system, so I'm not sure what happened. My apologies for any delay. You may contact me directly at james@missionengineering.com and I will try to take care of it. You can also call customer service if you need to talk to someone. Our 866 number and hours on on the website. My personal extension is 511.

A couple of quick notes: If a Mission pedal was purchased new direct from Mission or an authorized dealer, it is covered by a one year warranty. There should never be any question about replacing any parts under the warranty terms. Different dealers have their own return policies, but Mission will always repair or replace parts under warranty if necessary. If your pedal is under warranty you can request an RMA and return it to us for repair, or we can send you a self install replacement. For reference, terms are on the support page at: Support - missionengineering.comMission Engineering

For pedals that are used, bought on auction sites, from friends etc, or have an expired warranty, we offer a repair service where customers can return pedals to us and we will repair them, or upgrade them for a small charge. We also sell several maintenance kits on the web store. The potentiometer is a specialized part we have made for us. It makes up the majority of the cost of the kit. If you purchase the kit, we are pretty much throwing in the switch and the jacks for free. If we sold the pot by itself, it wouldn't really be any cheaper. The kit is $39 which seems comparable to the 20 - 40 or so for replacement volume and wah pedal pots I could find for sale on the web.

Hope this helps. Please email or call me and I will see if we can resolve this for you.

I placed an order with the wrong zip code and I couldn't find a way to change it on the website, so I called and left a message and almost immediate got a call back saying they made the change, and I did receive my pedal on time in pefect shape - no issues. So that was good.

That said, they charge WAY WAY too much for express delivery. Like $55 for overnighting one 4 pound pedal within the USA. I hate companies that try to make a LARGE profit off over 3rd party delivery services.

The shipping quotes generated on the Mission web store come direct from the FedEx shipping system. We do not make any profit on delivery services. Actually if you take shipping in isolation, it runs at a loss since we have to pay for labor to pack, ship and check, insurance, software licenses etc, and we are only charging for shipping what FedEx bills us for the actual carriage.

Thanks for chiming in.

I've had nothing but good a experience with my Mission pedals, and hopefully for years to come.

I'm using three mission pedals (EP1, SP1, EP1 w/spring) with my MFC101.
All great pedals, no problemo.
Couldn't be happier.

As you were.

The shipping quotes generated on the Mission web store come direct from the FedEx shipping system. We do not make any profit on delivery services. Actually if you take shipping in isolation, it runs at a loss since we have to pay for labor to pack, ship and check, insurance, software licenses etc, and we are only charging for shipping what FedEx bills us for the actual carriage.

Sorry my bad then. The rates just seemed pretty steep for a 4 pound package. Maybe you shoud switch to UPS then. :)

Yes... shipping charges are getting stupid. Just be glad you are not shipping to Canada.... they bend you over for that.

I appreciate the response. I sincerely do. My request was thru email in which I was simply told (eventually) the part was not available by itself only in the kit. I did request a repair but received no response (would have been silly anyway as I would've had to pay shipping too). Had things been explained as you did here I'd have purchased the kit and been done with things. Unfortunately (for me) it's over a year old and no longer under warranty. But it was purchased directly thru the Misson website. Thanks again for clarifying and I do love your products, IMO there's nothing else out there as good. Also apologies if this thread got out of hand with complaints. It was never meant to trash you guys, I was just wondering what others were experiencing.

Sorry to hear you are having problems. I checked our support records for open tickets and didn't see this issue in our system, so I'm not sure what happened. My apologies for any delay. You may contact me directly at james@missionengineering.com and I will try to take care of it. You can also call customer service if you need to talk to someone. Our 866 number and hours on on the website. My personal extension is 511.

A couple of quick notes: If a Mission pedal was purchased new direct from Mission or an authorized dealer, it is covered by a one year warranty. There should never be any question about replacing any parts under the warranty terms. Different dealers have their own return policies, but Mission will always repair or replace parts under warranty if necessary. If your pedal is under warranty you can request an RMA and return it to us for repair, or we can send you a self install replacement. For reference, terms are on the support page at: Support - missionengineering.comMission Engineering

For pedals that are used, bought on auction sites, from friends etc, or have an expired warranty, we offer a repair service where customers can return pedals to us and we will repair them, or upgrade them for a small charge. We also sell several maintenance kits on the web store. The potentiometer is a specialized part we have made for us. It makes up the majority of the cost of the kit. If you purchase the kit, we are pretty much throwing in the switch and the jacks for free. If we sold the pot by itself, it wouldn't really be any cheaper. The kit is $39 which seems comparable to the 20 - 40 or so for replacement volume and wah pedal pots I could find for sale on the web.

Hope this helps. Please email or call me and I will see if we can resolve this for you.

Back
Top Bottom