Missing Toolbar in Reaper

Black Bitch

Fractal Fanatic
I'm quite terrible using a DAW and I use it mostly as a tape recorder, but now I've messed something up. MY toolbar is lost - I musst have clicked something to make it go away and I can't find it anymore. I clicked evrything in the section "View" but nothing comes back. It's the Toolbar underneath where I can start recording a track is gone. Is there a way to reset Reaper or does anybody know how to get the toolbar back as it was on default?

Here is a photo what it looks like at the moment:
20161130_142533.jpg

View - Transport

Does anything show up when you do that? Is that the item you're referring to? (The record/play etc. controls)

Bingo this is one of them with which I can record again, but perhabs know how I can get back the other Mixer which was underneath this Transport Toolbar, where i also could see and tweak the tracks I was recording. Actually the same as the ones on the left side where I can arrange volume, Panning, Fx ....

Also I tried to do reamping using a video tutorial from Cooper carter and puts in a DI Track with seems to have 3 signals when recording and I can't find a DI Track, just a normal track with 1 signal path?

Anyway Bakerman thank you very much - you helped me a lot with this - I can record again. ;)

This is one of those double edged sword things. Reaper is very customizable so you can move things around however you want and assign custom shortcuts to just about everything. The downside is if you are not careful, you can mess up your view and it can sometimes be a bit confusing to get it back. You can save custom layouts and recall them via hotkeys though. Search YouTube for Reaper tutorials and you'll find a ton of videos showing how to use and customize everything. Watching those videos really gave me a greater appreciation for how powerful a program it really is. There's some pretty cool themes out there for it too on the Reaper website as well plus you can make your own if you are so inclined. You can make it look like Pro Tools or a grungy old analog console, whatever you can imagine.

This is one of those double edged sword things. Reaper is very customizable so you can move things around however you want and assign custom shortcuts to just about everything. The downside is if you are not careful, you can mess up your view and it can sometimes be a bit confusing to get it back. You can save custom layouts and recall them via hotkeys though. Search YouTube for Reaper tutorials and you'll find a ton of videos showing how to use and customize everything. Watching those videos really gave me a greater appreciation for how powerful a program it really is. There's some pretty cool themes out there for it too on the Reaper website as well plus you can make your own if you are so inclined. You can make it look like Pro Tools or a grungy old analog console, whatever you can imagine.

Thanks apreciate you guys - will start using those tutorials videos and try to get more firm with the DAW.

The downside is if you are not careful, you can mess up your view and it can sometimes be a bit confusing to get it back.
Haha I've accidentally made things disappear in Reaper, too.

(OT content) Adobe Premiere is worse. Very customizable, awesome, but I've made entire views or windows disappear and had to hunt down tutorials to figure out wtf I just did.

i think the whole "dock window" is what you are wanting back... (if you had the mixer docked) if you want the docker back its "ALT - D"

Back
Top Bottom