Fixed Missing presets - caught a bit off guard

is9582

Power User
First off, it seems everything is working properly, but just thought I'd share what occurred, as it initially felt like a big oh sh*t moment.

After loading AxeEdit 1.07.01 I decided to try out one of the new options. I unselected the Settings/Preferences/Options...."Read the Preset Names at Startup" just to see if things might load a little quicker. It seemed like it was a little speedier (or just wishful thinking), so I left that option unselected. Today I decided to move some of my presets around (house keeping), and when I came back to the computer, I had a message asking if I really wanted to delete the contents or something along those lines. I hit cancel and decided I'd better check that all was well. First couple of preset locations, which had names (other than empty), were actually empty. I started to panic a little and checked a few more. Same thing over and over, until I finally hit one that still had its contents intact. Then I found another of the missing presets, and then another. About that time I remembered deselecting that one option above, and reselected the same. I closed AxeEdit and then reopened it to find all of my presets were exactly where I chose to move them. My selection just prevented AxeEdit from querying the presets and thusly had no way to know where each preset was located. Now that I'd reselected the option to "Read the Preset Names at Startup" the naming was again in sync and matched each of the preset locations. Whew. I always backup my AxeFXIII, but I still hope that is as close as I come to losing presets.

Cheers,
Lee

You can also press the Refresh button in the Preset Picker window, or in Manage presets, to update the preset names.

Back
Top Bottom