Missing factory installed cabs

greg otto

I recently installed the new firmware. I now seem to have empty sets of cab presets in the axe manage cabs. I did not backup before the installation. How can I recover the factory installed cabs, or am I in trouble here?
Greg

I recently installed the new firmware. I now seem to have empty sets of cab presets in the axe manage cabs. I did not backup before the installation. How can I recover the factory installed cabs, or am I in trouble here?
Greg
a firmware update does not replace or delete factory cabs.

can you show a screenshot or picture of the missing cabs? are you certain you're not looking at the User Cab area?

Greg
Refresh AX8-Edit?

When I first received the unit I was able to access factory installed cabs. I have been using the unit live without factory cabs ,running the presets through my own cab. I thought the cabs were located in the "axe manage cabs " section of the axe edit. Now the banks are all reading empty. It has been a while since I have reviewed that pulldown. I wish to try running through my FRFR system now and can't find them. Are the factory cab located here or elsewhere?

When I first received the unit I was able to access factory installed cabs. I have been using the unit live without factory cabs ,running the presets through my own cab. I thought the cabs were located in the "axe manage cabs " section of the axe edit. Now the banks are all reading empty. It has been a while since I have reviewed that pulldown. I wish to try running through my FRFR system now and can't find them. Are the factory cab located here or elsewhere?
you access cabs in the Cab block. add a cab block. click the IR picker and you have the factory cabs.

Manage is to manage user cabs, which you probably have none.

So there are only 4 cabs in the IR- stereo, high resolution, stereo ultra res and normal res. Is this the limit of factory installed cabs?

So there are only 4 cabs in the IR- stereo, high resolution, stereo ultra res and normal res. Is this the limit of factory installed cabs?
those are the Types of cab blocks. mono or stereo, normal or higher quality.

within the Cab block, you choose from the many, many factory cabs known as IRs (impulse responses).

do you see a section in the Cab block that says "cab"? click on that.

Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 5.12.38 PM.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom