Missing blocks library and templates

fourtet

Would you happen to know file name for blocks library and templates? I enabled iCloud merge on my Mac and it grabbed my desktop and documents folder and it appears path allocation for Axe-Edit has been broken. I would like to re-establish that but I don't know what files to look for.

Thank you so much in advance.

Would you happen to know file name for blocks library and templates? I enabled iCloud merge on my Mac and it grabbed my desktop and documents folder and it appears path allocation for Axe-Edit has been broken. I would like to re-establish that but I don't know what files to look for.

Thank you so much in advance.

The file names are blocks ( Axe-Edit --> blocks) and templates (Axe-Edit --> presets --> templates)

It should still be through the usual paths:

/Users/<username>/Documents/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit/presets/snapshots/
/Users/<username>/Documents/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit/blocks/
/Users/<username>/Documents/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit/presets/templates/

Apple does some chicanery with the Finder to make those appear in the "iCloud Drive" areas, but realistically it's more like a hot folder where items added to "~/Documents" or "~/Desktop" are automatically synched to the iCloud storage servers, it's not actually moving the folder or files on disk to "~/Library/Mobile Documents" or anything like that.

Long story short, surprised to hear that's it's broken anything with Axe-Edit's paths, but if you are needing to go in and click "BROWSE..." under the "Workspace" Preferences, you should be able to press the Commad+Shift+O keys on your keyboard when the browse dialog comes up, which should navigate you to the Documents folder (if it doesn't default there) quickly, and then you should be able to click down into the Fractal Audio -> Axe-Edit folders to find the blocks and templates and snapshots folder.

It should still be through the usual paths:

Long story short, surprised to hear that's it's broken anything with Axe-Edit's paths, but if you are needing to go in and click "BROWSE..." under the "Workspace" Preferences, you should be able to press the Commad+Shift+O keys on your keyboard when the browse dialog comes up, which should navigate you to the Documents folder (if it doesn't default there) quickly, and then you should be able to click down into the Fractal Audio -> Axe-Edit folders to find the blocks and templates and snapshots folder.

Thanks so much! Found the folder and the problem is that it is empty. Presets, templates and blocks are empty. I didn't change, replace or alter my Mac so don't know what happened. So I guess path is intact but there's no content within folders. I have tons of backup files but that's it... strange...

Thanks so much! Found the folder and the problem is that it is empty. Presets, templates and blocks are empty. I didn't change, replace or alter my Mac so don't know what happened. So I guess path is intact but there's no content within folders. I have tons of backup files but that's it... strange...

Phew, glad to hear you have backups... certainly never hurts to have a copy of the important data in as many places as possible.

I like iCloud Drive's Desktop and Documenst folders syncs functionality, it's actually proved handy for me a few times, but it definitely is a weird feeling to have your Documents folder not visually show up in the same spot anymore when you first flip
it on.

I've been on OS for 20 years now and never had to access TimeMachine which turned out to be really great feature. I went back in time :) and recovered missing files, restoring them to default location.

Thanks mates for all pointers!!!!!

turn off that iCloud sync. worst idea for anyone who uses apps other than Apple apps.

Huh, disagree completely here. I've been using the feature since it came out like a year ago and have never had a single problem with it. Also, with iCloud Drive sync'ing i can tap on presets or IRs uploaded to this form or axechange while on the go from my iPhone or iPad and save stuff into my preferred folders in the Fractal Audio Documents folder for later perusal when I get back to my computer next... to each his own, ymmv, etc I guess.

I know it's me, user, being clueless but since I got iCloud going, it merged desktops of my iMac and MacBook which was preeeeettttyyyy annoying to deal with :) (i.e. see my the issue that originated this thread) and it somehow overtook all space available on MacBook HD. I must've disabled this thing but didn't think that OS didn't put the data back where it was grabbing it from. I realize my mileage sucks but Apple turned me into a "computer related problem solving ignorant creature" :) OTOH, 20 years from now I won't probably know how to jump start my vehicle.

Huh, disagree completely here. I've been using the feature since it came out like a year ago and have never had a single problem with it. Also, with iCloud Drive sync'ing i can tap on presets or IRs uploaded to this form or axechange while on the go from my iPhone or iPad and save stuff into my preferred folders in the Fractal Audio Documents folder for later perusal when I get back to my computer next... to each his own, ymmv, etc I guess.
sure, i can see it working for some. i use Dropbox so i already have that sort of feature (you CAN sync folders outside of the Dropbox folder ;) ).

with iOS getting an actual File structure with the new Files app, i can see iCloud file storage actually becoming useful. but for most of my computer consultation clients, it just confuses them and sometimes their files disappear.

Back
Top Bottom