Miss you Frank Zappa

I hear his influence everywhere.
Yes, indeed, and one can only wonder what he would have accomplished if given the time....he was just beginning to flex his political muscles when he fell ill......
Pretty optimistic that Alex Winter’s authorized biographical documentary will be worth the wait, should be out this coming year.....

I may have never shared this publicly online before...When FZ came to Carbondale IL in 77,
To perform at our college homecoming weekend, me and two other students got to
Interview Frank in a cheesy hotel room afternoon of the show...i am the overly loud giggling fanboy.....

thank you @bradlake ....
that early to mid-seventies zappa is pure genius to my ears...
i would have died to be there with you for that interview.
there is noone like frank zappa...unique...brilliant...challenging all norms...i miss him!

P.S. I can only wonder how he would react to the music scene today

I may have never shared this publicly online before...When FZ came to Carbondale IL in 77,
To perform at our college homecoming weekend, me and two other students got to
Interview Frank in a cheesy hotel room afternoon of the show...i am the overly loud giggling fanboy.....

The phone ringing in the first few minutes pulls me back in time. Great recording Brad. Your voice is instantly recognizable too. “Go right ahead , I’d be flattered”. Great answer from a great artist. “$170 - $220 an hour just for studio time” That’s some coin in those years.
Thanks for posting this.

Back
Top Bottom