So I have seen that every mix ir also exists as a djent version. What exactly is the difference? How do they differ soundwise?
Well obviously the processing done to the IR's is a "secret" as it's something I might use in future as well.

The difference is that the D versions are extremely tight and balanced. It's not like a low cut. It's kind of something new I'm experimenting with.

So uh, wow. Flattest is where it is at. But I love Misha's Full D too. Flattest is pretty amazing.
Flattest is my favourite too.
Mikko floated that as a potential inclusion for the pack during beta testing and I loved it straight away. I told him he had to include it because it's possibly my favourite IR of all lol.
Glad it got in.

Just loaded up some of the Misha presets and tried them out. Really good sounds holy crap. With the echo preset is it supposed to be that noisy? I see a volume block in the preset but I'm just not sure what's going on there. Controls the delay mix? It'd be cool to see Misha do a video demoing each one and giving some back story on how he got to that sound/his approach. Either way amazing work Mikko. You guys need to grab this pack asap.

Just loaded up some of the Misha presets and tried them out. Really good sounds holy crap. With the echo preset is it supposed to be that noisy? I see a volume block in the preset but I'm just not sure what's going on there. Controls the delay mix? It'd be cool to see Misha do a video demoing each one and giving some back story on how he got to that sound/his approach. Either way amazing work Mikko. You guys need to grab this pack asap.
Thank you!! :) The Echo preset requires a back story for sure. The synth block is making that noise. You can use expression pedals to control the noise and feedback levels so you can oscillate the preset to get even more epic sounds. ;)

Mikko, you did good with the release videos. Sounds great! Tomorrow is pay day so...

Who cares about new firmware when there's all these tasty new cab packs to play with? :p

Here's a video I just did with some mixes from that cab :

In short, it's a really great cab, and will probably be my favorite pack from Mikko ! I think my favorite speakers are the Cream H and M. I never liked the K100 but need to test it with clean sounds.

Awesome video Thibault! I'm so glad you like the pack. The K100 is a tough cookie. It's the hardest speaker to mic up as well since it doesn't really change its sound much but for that certain grunt and cut it's just the right thing. MD421 on a K100 is actually a really useful tool to add cut to other speakers. :)

Mikko, you did good with the release videos. Sounds great! Tomorrow is pay day so...

Who cares about new firmware when there's all these tasty new cab packs to play with? :p
Haha exactly. I can promise you six completely different tone flavors that are bigger than getting six new amp sims in a new firmware. :) Have fun with the pack!

Love these IRs Mikko!
They're a little more open sounding than Cabpack 20 and 16 and they work very well with my Goldfinger 45 via my Powerstation into the Axe Fx and direct via the Axe Fx as well!
I prefer the Cream Alnico and M but also liked the V30s as well! I'm recording songs the coming period so you'll eventually hear them in the future ;)

Love these IRs Mikko!
They're a little more open sounding than Cabpack 20 and 16 and they work very well with my Goldfinger 45 via my Powerstation into the Axe Fx and direct via the Axe Fx as well!
I prefer the Cream Alnico and M but also liked the V30s as well! I'm recording songs the coming period so you'll eventually hear them in the future ;)
I'm glad to hear you like them. :) You always have amazing feel in your fingers so I can't wait to hear what you sound like. :)

Back
Top Bottom