Really hoping this pack is released today! I have to be away with work for the next week so checking them out tonight would definitely soften the blow :D

Those sound great Shaun ,dig the All mix for sure .

Miko , I don't know what it is about these ,but they seem much more present and in your face .They really have a lot of bite and not as dark as some IRs can be .Great work !!!

Those sound great Shaun ,dig the All mix for sure .

Miko , I don't know what it is about these ,but they seem much more present and in your face .They really have a lot of bite and not as dark as some IRs can be .Great work !!!

Cheers.
All Mix is one of my favourites for sure.
I think I'll be using that one a lot, Flattest is getting a lot of play as well.

I think you're right about these IRs being more present. I normally dial some treble into my amp block settings to get that top end clarity and cut through, but I had to drop the treble back to noon on most high gain amps, the IRs seem to do the work for you in that regard.

I actually set my treble on the Corncob to 4, with other packs I have it at around 6.
I guess having a wide range of speakers helps you find a balance in these mixes. You can get the lows and mids covered with Creamback H or V30 for example, then also blend in some Alnicos and or Greenbacks to complement the top end. Flattest is a favourite of mine and I know there are Alnicos in that mix with a couple of other speakers. I wouldn't have thought of Alnicos for heavier tones but in that mix it plays its part and the combination works well.

Less work in post to get these to sit too.
I didn't post eq guitars or bass.
Just a bit of multiband compression and a maximiser on the master to get the volume up. This added sparkle to the mix but yeah, no specific eq work on the guitars.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom