Do all three cabs have creambacks, or are there other speakers in this pack as well? Also, are these the oversized 2x12s (with the exception of the replica of Misha's cabinet)?
This pack is a bit different than what I've done before. It's got 6 different speaker types in it. Also these Zilla cabs have a lot more sweet spots so I came up with a new "patent pending" :D mic technique that's called the "ML Color Wheel". I think you guys will love the way these IR's can be used. :)

Looking forward to this, never had the spare cash to buy any cab packs but seeing as I have a Zilla "Super Fatboy" 2x10 with V30s I may have to get this pack to have something consistent for my recordings :)

Looking forward to this, never had the spare cash to buy any cab packs but seeing as I have a Zilla "Super Fatboy" 2x10 with V30s I may have to get this pack to have something consistent for my recordings :)
That's good to hear. :) I'm sure you mean a 2x12 right? :) So far I'm loving the sound we're getting and can't wait to show you guys what's up.

That's good to hear. :) I'm sure you mean a 2x12 right? :) So far I'm loving the sound we're getting and can't wait to show you guys what's up.

Nice! I can't wait either, hopefully I will have some cash the day it drops :) And haha yes 2x12... been trying to get a Shawn Lane tone going for a while now and he used 4x10 speakers so I've got the 10s stuck in my subconscious it seems :p

We're in a phase where the IR's have all been shot. I've chosen my Aces and both me and Misha have created some mixes. There's just something special that we're trying to add to the pack that's a secret at this point but hopefully will make the pack even better. :)
oh man i love me some secret...why'd you tell me that now im even more impatient for it!

Hahaha.. well all I can say that right now I don't know the full extent to what it will end up being so let's wait and see.

I can drop a little bit of info though. I've also worked with Nolly and the original Juggernaut IR's and analyzed them and recreated some IR's that are very similar in their character. If Misha likes them they'll also make it to the official Cab Pack. We understand that many people love the Juggernaut tone and want this pack in pursuit of that and although me and Misha have mainly focused on creating something that's (dare I say) even better and something new, we're trying to please everyone interested in this pack. F.ex. the V30 SM57 Ace IR that I chose is already pretty close to the Juggernaut tone that was mostly just an SM57 IR with a little bit of color from the other mics.

However the "new addition" thing is something else.

I'm also pretty excited to work with Paul from Zilla cabs on this one. He's been extremely helpful throughout the process and there's nothing quite like getting the acknowledgement from the man himself. :) Having the white Zilla Misha signature cab in this white home studio room with me was the first time my fiance said I had a nice looking gear that fits our apartment and she'd love for it to stay. :D (Well actually she loves the PRS Custom 24s and the acoustic even made it to the living room... ) At the same time this is the first 2x12 that has the low end response and smooth high end of a 4x12 cab. The Creamback H really helps bring that 4x12 low end while the V30 gives you that guitar sound everyone is after. The build quality is on par with Mesa which is definitely highest quality you can get. If anyone's thinking about a nice looking cab especially for their home to be used with an Axe-Fx I'm loving my small rig here that's the Magnum 44 by EHX through the Zilla Misha Fatboy and my Axe-Fx II doing both the preamp and power amp modeling. I don't tour so I can't comment on how they work live but I hear Periphery guys are really happy with them. :)

I asked Misha about this a couple of days ago on Facebook and he said he was finalizing some mixes and making some Axe presets for the cabs. Hopefully we will be seeing this soon. I've been refreshing this thread every day hahaha.

Back
Top Bottom