IRs Mirror Profiles - New "Vented" T75 4x12 IR Pack released!

Third-party impulse response pack

MirrorProfiles

Inspired
Vendor
Hi guys! Just letting you know about the products I have available - the cabinet IR's include several Mesa Boogie V30 (and EVM12L) cabs, Marshall 1960B, 425A, 2045, MF400 etc, Bogner V30.

• Each speaker in each cab captured at a number of positions across the width of the speaker using a dynamount (typically around 20 positions but it depends on the microphone).
  • Several industry standard microphones used on each speaker such as Shure sm57/Unidyne III 545, Sennheiser MD421-U4, Beyerdynamic m160 and Beyerdynamic m201, through a Chandler TG-2 Preamp and Neve line amps.
  • Clean IR's with no poweramp/impedance colourations, as well as IR's with corrective compensation curves applied to compensate for different loads. The clean IR's work perfectly with the Fractals Impedance Curve feature for an accurate response.
  • Typically 80 individual IR's per speaker, which means nearly 350 IR's per 4x12 cabinet pack and over 1000 when there are versions for compensating for different loads.

https://mirrorprofiles.myshopify.com/collections/cabinet-ir-packs

I also offer some preset packs that tend to come in 2 varieties:
  • Presets with tones matched to real guitar amps using the same IR's. Sometimes these will be with amps modelled in Fractal already and dialled in to match a real world example, and sometimes I'll tweak existing models to match amps that aren't directly modelled in Fractal units (such as the vintage and rare Marshall JMP 2144). The way we interact with real amps sometimes leads to different tones to when I dial things in from scratch on a modeller, and I find these especially make for great starting points for making your own tones (just a few small tweaks and they're good to go).
  • Presets with tones matched to famous recordings. I've done a couple of Tool tones so far but I'll have some more on the way. I flip back and forth between my recreation and the album version of the tone to show how close it is. Importantly, these are made using my own IR's from real cabinets rather than deconvolving against the album tone. I'm spending the time to research how the tones were recorded in the studio and using similar tools to recreate the tone in a more traditional way, without relying on post EQ or brute forcing a match. I usually find this way makes things much more malleable to adjust amp settings to adjust for different guitars/tunings.

I also released a free pack of a few tones that I posted examples of on this forum. You can download those (and find the other presets) here:

https://mirrorprofiles.myshopify.com/collections/fractal-audio-presets

Just released a new pack - its a 1960A with 1984 G12T75's with the vented backs. Sounds absolutely killer. I went through my stash of 57's and found the one I liked best with this cab, which happened to be a USA made Shure sm57 Unidyne III. Also captured with a Beyer m201 N (C). m160, and Sennheiser MD421-U4. Through a Neve preamp, and mastering grade converters.

https://mirrorprofiles.myshopify.com/products/eighty-four-t75-cabinet-ir-pack

quick demo here, will try and make some more soon:

Back
Top Bottom