Mirror, mirror on the wall. Who has the coolest pedalboard of them all? I DO!

SOAWM

Inspired
Today I finally finished my pedalboard! A friend of mine is a luthier and I was lucky enough he wanted to help me and let me use his tools. I live in a appartement, so I'd never been able to do the woodworking at home.

With this board I can use the MFC and Axe to their full extend. I have two expression pedals, two expression knobs and 4 external switches (momentary). Think of all the possibilities. :D

Next up: soldering my patchbay.

A picture says more than a thousand words:

1.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
Coolers. How are the expression knobs used?

Well... You can twist them and stuff... :)

I just finished building it, so I'm not sure how I will set everything up yet. Once 9.0 is released and the MFC has integrated Scenes, I will probably start planning how to set everything up. But you can do so much with those expression knobs... Editing volume, gain, etc. whilst editing; control effects like delay just like you would with a normal stompbox,...

Reactions: DLM
Well... You can twist them and stuff... :)

I just finished building it, so I'm not sure how I will set everything up yet. Once 9.0 is released and the MFC has integrated Scenes, I will probably start planning how to set everything up. But you can do so much with those expression knobs... Editing volume, gain, etc. whilst editing; control effects like delay just like you would with a normal stompbox,...

So, the Extra knobs are just wired into the expression pedal jacks?

That is really cool.

But isnt it better to have those external switches momentary? I think (correct me if i'm wrong) you can make momentary switches act as momentary and latching, but you cannot make latching switches act like momentary.

That is really cool.

But isnt it better to have those external switches momentary? I think (correct me if i'm wrong) you can make momentary switches act as momentary and latching, but you cannot make latching switches act like momentary.

I always forget which is which. They are in fact momentary. ;)

Very nice! I'm curious why you decided on two knobs rather than two more expression pedals.

First of all two extra pedals would require much more space. And I don't think I'll ever have presets where I'd need more than two modifiers at my feet. The expression knobs are small, handy and cheap!

That is so very cool. Nice work. Is it sized for a flight case or gig bag or did you build a lid too?

First of all two extra pedals would require much more space. And I don't think I'll ever have presets where I'd need more than two modifiers at my feet. The expression knobs are small, handy and cheap!

Nice! I would love to see a wiring diagram for the knobs and switches.

Super clean. Congrats.

Do you by any chance have pictures of the proces of building the board? Would be nice!

Any drawings with measures , angles etc? Would be highly appreciated.

Greetings

AAEN

Back
Top Bottom