Wish Mirror Block

mglemley

Rather than manually copying and pasting a given block, it would be useful to have a "Mirror" block where the user could mirror a target block from a different location within the same preset. For example, I would like to be able to apply the same delay settings to two different signal paths, where the mirror block would dynamically update settings that copy the original block.

upload_2019-6-3_19-38-14.png

Last edited:
Rather than manually copying and pasting a given block, it would be useful to have a "Mirror" block where the user could mirror a target block from a different location. For example, I would like to be able to apply the same delay settings to two different signal paths, where the mirror block would dynamically update settings that copy the original block.

View attachment 55470
You just described global blocks. ;)

I don't think that works within a single preset because global blocks apply to an "instance" of a block.

So, if you have Global Delay 1 you can't use it for Delay 2... Because there can only be one Delay 1 in a preset.

Maybe I'm wrong...

I don't think that works within a single preset because global blocks apply to an "instance" of a block.

So, if you have Global Delay 1 you can't use it for Delay 2... Because there can only be one Delay 1 in a preset.
That's true. You can't apply a global block at two locations in the same preset.

Do you need to change update both blocks in a live situation, or just while editing?

interesting wish, but how often are you using the same settings in multiple blocks in the same preset?

you may just have to Copy/Paste channels, which is pretty quick.

if you can tell us what you're doing in general, we can probably help you better. hard to tell from that small screen shot, where is the return coming from?

In your particular example... (A dual path consisting of a Delay block before an Amp block in each). You could use a single 'Stereo' Delay block before the two Amp blocks, as long as you isolate/convert the two paths into left and right signals before the Delay block, for individual processing. Then set each Amp block to only listen to the left and right outputs of the Delay block respectively. The mono output of the Amp blocks will still be in the left and right sides of their respective paths.

The left and right sides of the 'stereo' Delay block will remain isolated, but the 'Mix', 'Feedback', 'EQ', 'Modulation', etc..., will effect both sides of the Delay block.
Stereo delay - dual path 1.png Stereo delay - dual path 2.png Stereo delay - dual path 3.png Stereo delay - dual path 4.png

In your particular example... (A dual path consisting of a Delay block before an Amp block in each). You could use a single 'Stereo' Delay block before the two Amp blocks, as long as you isolate/convert the two paths into left and right signals before the Delay block, for individual processing. Then set each Amp block to only listen to the left and right outputs of the Delay block respectively. The mono output of the Amp blocks will still be in the left and right sides of their respective paths.

The left and right sides of the 'stereo' Delay block will remain isolated, but the 'Mix', 'Feedback', 'EQ', 'Modulation', etc..., will effect both sides of the Delay block.
View attachment 55475 View attachment 55476 View attachment 55477 View attachment 55478
DingDIngDingDingDingDingDingDingDing!

Here's a larger shot of my signal path:

upload_2019-6-4_8-4-33.png

I'm splitting a mono guitar signal into two paths to get two distinct tones through two different amp/cab combos, but I want to apply the same delay settings. (I've been using copy/paste.) Moke's suggestion for one stereo block with L/R isolation would probably work, but a "Mirror" block (ie the upper path delay block in the picture) strikes me as more straightforward.

It might be straightforward on the surface, but without knowing how the processing works internally, it could be a huge resource hog, introduce added latency etc, especially if you wanted it to be able to function in realtime

View attachment 55475 View attachment 55476 View attachment 55477 View attachment 55478

Godamit Moke

It might be straightforward on the surface, but without knowing how the processing works internally, it could be a huge resource hog, introduce added latency etc, especially if you wanted it to be able to function in realtime

Absolutely true; I have no idea. I'm also going to experiment with post delay to see if I can hear any difference versus pre.

Last edited:
Absolute true; I have no idea. I'm also going to experiment with post delay to see if I can hear any difference versus pre.

If you need it post delay, what Moke described would work to keep the LR signals the same settings but separated, as long as there are no crossover points in the delay architecture of the chosen type.

If you just need it pre delay and you don't have any stereo effects in front of the delay that need to retain their imaging, one mono delay split off to the two amps is all you need, if the mono delay eats a mono signal, that mono delay spits out a mono signal, you can tap that mono output to as many points as needed, it will be the same signal, same settings.

Pre and post can certainly sound different in some instances, just like reverb, chorus etc. I personally have always liked having slight differences when I'm doing any sort of parallel signal chains, use different delay type etc, while still having them tempo synced. Just like not using two identical amp blocks/settings, mix of two complementary amp blocks just adds a little something to the overall tone.

Back
Top Bottom