Wish Mini MFC

svl

Power User
Would love (and really need) a scaled down MFC, something nice and compact with 8 switches that "reveal" between preset/bank and scenes/FX block functions.

No external switches in, only two external pedal ins. FASlink/Ethercon connections. Simple, small footprint, GREAT as a back-up to the MFC in an emergency or for gigs with very little stage area.

As an aside, has anyone tried to craft such a beast from an MFC? Is it possible to do so, and if so would anyone here be up to try?

Would love (and really need) a scaled down MFC, something nice and compact with 8 switches that "reveal" between preset/bank and scenes/FX block functions.

No external switches in, only two external pedal ins. FASlink/Ethercon connections. Simple, small footprint, GREAT as a back-up to the MFC in an emergency or for gigs with very little stage area.

As an aside, has anyone tried to craft such a beast from an MFC? Is it possible to do so, and if so would anyone here be up to try?

I am so wanting this right now. 4 presets and 4 scenes and an up and a down, plus two expressions and two switches. IA's are over rated, I do most with scenes these days. I create one preset per song and usually around four scenes max.

I have been look at other devices, but to be honest, nothing beats Faslink. When I show up to play they already have the XLR taped to the ground, so I know where I'm placing my foot controller, and just follow the other end is where I put my AXE-FX.

Please and pretty please...

the reason why I need something smaller(for selfish reasons really) is that I want to put my Axe-fx off stage, and since the cable is the churches, I just want to pick up the controller, go off stage, pack everything up and leave. Right now I have to wait till its down pack then leave. I could save an hour and be back with my family an hour sooner. Just by having a smaller controller.

Reactions: svl
Maybe not from FAS, but my question still stands- anyone got the mad skills to reassemble an MFC into a Mini?

the reason why I need something smaller(for selfish reasons really) is that I want to put my Axe-fx off stage, and since the cable is the churches, I just want to pick up the controller, go off stage, pack everything up and leave. Right now I have to wait till its down pack then leave. I could save an hour and be back with my family an hour sooner. Just by having a smaller controller.

?? Why not relocate the axe off stage where you want, problem solved. Doesn't sound like an mfc size issue. Although I would be interested in a smaller version too. But my reason is because I don't need all the switches. Just eliminate one row of switches.

Better yet, a full fledged floor unit! Might as well eliminate the rack too!

The RJM gear is great. but it's also costly. LCDs are nice but not necessary (and in reality just another component to possibly break down), my main wish is for a smaller footprint like the LF Mini or Jr at a similar price point, but FAS built for instant/easy integration with the Axe (and the amazing FAS support).

Just bought a used second MFC (my "main" MFC has to go in for repairs), toying with the idea of having someone "rebuild" it into a Mini after my main board gets back from Fractal, if it's possible.

Last edited:
The RJM gear is great. but it's also costly. LEDs are nice but not necessary (and in reality just another component to possibly break down), my main wish is for a smaller footprint like the LF Mini or Jr at a similar price point, but FAS built for instant/easy integration with the Axe (and the amazing FAS support).

Just bought a used second MFC (my "main" MFC has to go in for repairs), toying with the idea of having someone "rebuild" it into a Mini after my main board gets back from Fractal, if it's possible.

If you open it up you’ll see that all the buttons in the MFC are ordered into rows, and there’s a flat cable for each row. My guess would be that the MFC would function just fine removing one or two of the flat cables, and you could likely make a 2 or 3 row MFC. But the annoying thing I’m not sure how you’d work around is that you’d loose one of the 3 buttons: Bank Up, Bank Down or Edit. I’d probably choose to loose the edit button and configure the MFC using MFC edit, but it may well be quite painful.

Back
Top Bottom