Mini LCD wish - bigger text or bold

Hi Chris ... I know the problem is more my limitation than the units . Just showing you how I had my MFC labeled in yellow vs the FC .View attachment 52109

so that seems to not be much bigger than the text size of the display. maybe it is more of a contrast thing, rather than size.

Contrast is exactly the issue (necroquote I know). As a web developer who spent 3-4 months on completely overhauling a fortune 500's website to avoid lawsuits because of accessibility issues: contrast was one of those issues that came up. There has to be a specific amount of contrast between 2 colors in order for it to be accessible per WCAG rules.

https://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/visual-audio-contrast-contrast.html
https://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/

Obviously, there’s an accessibility issue. But what can support do about it? They won’t replace those monochrome LCDs with high res OLEDs.

. . . but what if they offered a higher res option? Would you buy? (Not that I know if this is even plausible from the FAS side or not . . . )

When I had all my axe fx's standard, 1,2 Xl,XL+ I used the liquid foot +jr+ for many years.. Those LCDS were "perfect" imho. I am old and wear glasses to read and use Computers.
Never an issue to see the LCDs on liquid foot stuff.

Just a up to the top.

I haven't been playing live much due to the covid stuff but went to practice last week. The LCD screen are basically completely useless to me as they are as I can't even come close to reading them. Really hoping for the option for a bigger font. I would be happy to be limited to 4 or 5 characters if it was big enough to read. If this isn't going to be a thing I will probably end up putting gaff tape over the LCDs and just have them static swithces! such a bummer.

yeah lets all be honest here, they are a joke and inferior in appearance to most boards out there. Fractal really half-assed it in this department and to charge as much as they did for this is kind of insulting. I don't understand how at the very least they can't try to bolden the text with a firmware update, it seems like it would be easy to do.

the icing on the cake would be them coming out with the mark 2's where they make the strips not look like garbage making the 1's feel more obsolete.

yeah lets all be honest here, they are a joke and inferior in appearance to most boards out there. Fractal really half-assed it in this department and to charge as much as they did for this is kind of insulting. I don't understand how at the very least they can't try to bolden the text with a firmware update, it seems like it would be easy to do.
I completely disagree...

Also, just because something seems easy doesn't make it so ;)

I am a huge fan of all things Fractal.. but I agree the LCD screens should have been bigger. This was a mistake imo but S*** happens so dealing with it. You would still have to pry my Axe3 from my cold dead hands!! but the FC has been a bit of a let down purely because i am old.

I just bought one of these reader bars to test to see if this will help

Amazon product ASIN B07Z4TWQ4B

I am a huge fan of all things Fractal.. but I agree the LCD screens should have been bigger. This was a mistake imo but S*** happens so dealing with it. You would still have to pry my Axe3 from my cold dead hands!! but the FC has been a bit of a let down purely because i am old.

I just bought one of these reader bars to test to see if this will help

Amazon product ASIN B07Z4TWQ4B
That will stretch the characters vertically, but there will be no horizontal magnification.

Although the scribble script is hard to read, the board is so powerful that putting tape on it to see everything is a minor inconvenience. Putting tape only works when you make sure you have the same buttons assigned in each preset but just the same, it is an amazing product.

Although the scribble script is hard to read, the board is so powerful that putting tape on it to see everything is a minor inconvenience. Putting tape only works when you make sure you have the same buttons assigned in each preset but just the same, it is an amazing product.
True, but the whole point is that the board IS so powerful and most people * don't * use the same buttons for every preset. If I did that, it'd be easy to remember it and wouldn't need any labels at all.

Update... so the magnifier does work okay, I can read the lcds just fine with it. Main problem is I didn’t realize the thing is like 1” tall so it interferes with the buttons. So basically it’s a no go.

True, but the whole point is that the board IS so powerful and most people * don't * use the same buttons for every preset. If I did that, it'd be easy to remember it and wouldn't need any labels at all.
Right I agree.. but if they are too small to read using different button configurations would be too hard to remember so basically the functionality is useless at this point.

Right I agree.. but if they are too small to read using different button configurations would be too hard to remember so basically the functionality is useless at this point.
Yea, I agree with this too. I was just pointing out to the other comment that tape labels or whatever are useless when we're using different layouts etc.

Back
Top Bottom