mini game : JP2C VS axe fx 3

which one is the real amp ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sure, but with regard to creating comparison clips, it's important to control for extraneous variables that contribute to differences in outcome, such as the interface, guitar, etc.
All right guys, I double checked the guitar tracks and I can guarantee you that the volumes are the same on the vu-meter. Only thing is perception (read « leveling presets » on axe manual). If you want I can make the same video with matched « perceived » volumes?

All right guys, I double checked the guitar tracks and I can guarantee you that the volumes are the same on the vu-meter. Only thing is perception (read « leveling presets » on axe manual). If you want I can make the same video with matched « perceived » volumes?
Please upload the individual guitar tracks without the drums. When the guitars were isolated using iZotope RX 8, there's an obvious (and measurable) level difference.

Last edited:
Hello boys ;-)
This is not a scientific comparaison as my cab is a 2x12 but you’ve got the idea.
Clip 1: real amp with sm57
Clip 2: real amp with torpedo captor
Clip 3: axe fx3 with the same IR

Number 3 is so different than 1. This clip is both interesting and depressing at the same time...

Number 3 is so different than 1.
Which is exactly as expected. The IR in clip #3 is of a different cab, mic position, and possibly a different mic than clip #1. It's akin to comparing two very different IR's.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom