Ytolyccuz

Inspired
Hi Fractalites,

Would like to ask for your recommendations on a high quality mini expression pedal. I don't have enough space on my temple audio duo 24 pedalboard.

I shall be purchasing a couple of these soon and these are the two models I'm looking at:

AMT Ex-50

Dunlop DVP4

I've seen recommendations on the AMT ex-50 but I couldn't seem to find any reviews with the axe on the dvp4.

I'm particularly concerned on the pedal's response in terms of a complete sweep, accurate increments across the sweep, durability, and the pedal rocker's feel.

Really appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

I'm not sure of the specs on either of these pedals, but one thing I'd definitely look for is a linear pot. Most Exp/Vol pedals contain Audio taper pots- even then, they aren't exactly Audio taper... more like a pot with two linear areas.

The full size DVP3 has a dual gang pot, one side is 250k audio taper and the other is 10k linear taper. There's a good chance the DVP4 uses the same pot. Dunlop's website is useless for technical details, so I'd email them to find out for sure. If the DVP4 has a 10k linear pot, it should work just fine.

I had an AMT EX50, and was undesirable as far as sweep range. The throw was very very short and I couldn't find a good use for it for anything, so I sold it. Cool looking pedal though.

I sometimes use 2x AMT pedals on my board; right now just one - I think it works great.

If Im in the studio, I'd use a full length expression pedal; but live and ease of use - I'm totally fine with the AMT.

There is a trade off with portability and sweep; but I've become used to the AMT's sweep - which I think is 90% of it.

Hi Guys,

Just in case there are people who might be interested with Dunlop's mini volume/expression pedal (dvp4) here's a quote from one of their technicians:

"The DVP4 has a 250k Logarithmic pot on the Volume side and a 10k linear pot with a 50k offset on the Expression side. The 50K offset allows you to adjust the heel down position."

I sometimes use 2x AMT pedals on my board; right now just one - I think it works great.

If Im in the studio, I'd use a full length expression pedal; but live and ease of use - I'm totally fine with the AMT.

There is a trade off with portability and sweep; but I've become used to the AMT's sweep - which I think is 90% of it.

Thanks for the feedback. Initially thought of having 4 mini expression pedals; a pair on the top row and another on the bottom row of a 24 x 12.5" pedal board. I realized that operation would probably be challenging as I would need to avoid hitting the other pedals. Plus the fact that I'd probably need a maximum of 3 pedals at any given time.

Although this thread is for mini expression pedals, I would like to bring into the fray db instrument's 4E dual axis expression pedal. It would be like have 2 full sized expression pedals in a form factor about the size of one. Anybody using this in their FAS rigs?

Back
Top Bottom