Mini Expression pedal for AX8?

fuzzy

Hey everyone, you've all been a great help so far. I really appreciate everything and wanted to say thanks to you all. So cool being part of this community.

I was wondering, does anyone know of a mini expression pedal that I could use for the AX8? I ended up getting the Moog EP-3 after reading some of the reviews, but I am having a bit of trouble fitting it onto my pedalboard (which I could change, but I'd prefer not to since I feel like it might be hard to sell/transport).

I looked on google and amazon and found a few different ones, and I figured I would just ask in case anyone else has experimented with something. Right now my volume pedal is sticking out of my pedalboard, but with two mini's I would be able to use wah again. Please help if you any suggestions/recommendations. Thanks

I would looove to do the EV-2 but it's a bit too far out of a my price budget right now.

Valeton Surge EP-2:

https://www.thomann.de/es/valeton_surge_ep_2_mini.htm

A friend of mine modified mine with a footswitch, so now I can use it as my Mission SP-1, wah and volume in one pedal.:)

How do I hook up the EP2 to do the AX8?...What I mean is, I see an "input" and an "output" jack on each side of the pedal (rather than just the one single jack) and I'm not sure which I would use. Thanks for the recommendation!

How do I hook up the EP2 to do the AX8?...What I mean is, I see an "input" and an "output" jack on each side of the pedal (rather than just the one single jack) and I'm not sure which I would use. Thanks for the recommendation!

Like glombi said, for expression pedal just use the TRS output.

Ok awesome, I'll try the EP2 out. The other minis (dunlop and hotone) are the same price as the EV2, so if I could afford them, I'd probably get the EP2 instead, but still, thanks!

+1 for the EV-2. I've switched out my other pedals for them on my board now - small, solid, great feel. And they're black!

If you've got some basic skills you can buy a cheap Ernie Ball VP Jr. for next to nothing (especially if its got a scratchy pot, i've gotten them for like $20) and what you do it take out the audio taper pot, which doens't work well for expression pedal usage, and replace it with a linear taper pot, which costs like $7 or so. Resolder the wires onto a TRS jack, which cost a couple of bucks, and put it back together. You've got a really nice sized expression pedal, with a great range of travel, for next to nothing. There is a thread on here, kind of old with step by step instructions.

I have hardly any mechanical skills as I was able to do it easily, and after the first one its really easy. I've built 3 of them so far and wouldn't imagine using anything else. I think they are the perfect size, perfect pedal travel, and the perfect price.

EV2 does look nice though, but a bit pricey, though you do get what you pay for. I have the EV1 and it was built like a tank and worked great, just huge. EV2 looks to be a great alternative, at a fair price, but if your willing/able to do a little mod work yourself there are some good alternatives out there for little cost, except your time. I built 3 of my VPJR's for the cost of the EV2

If you've got some basic skills you can buy a cheap Ernie Ball VP Jr. for next to nothing (especially if its got a scratchy pot, i've gotten them for like $20) and what you do it take out the audio taper pot, which doens't work well for expression pedal usage, and replace it with a linear taper pot, which costs like $7 or so. Resolder the wires onto a TRS jack, which cost a couple of bucks, and put it back together. You've got a really nice sized expression pedal, with a great range of travel, for next to nothing. There is a thread on here, kind of old with step by step instructions.

I have hardly any mechanical skills as I was able to do it easily, and after the first one its really easy. I've built 3 of them so far and wouldn't imagine using anything else. I think they are the perfect size, perfect pedal travel, and the perfect price.

EV2 does look nice though, but a bit pricey, though you do get what you pay for. I have the EV1 and it was built like a tank and worked great, just huge. EV2 looks to be a great alternative, at a fair price, but if your willing/able to do a little mod work yourself there are some good alternatives out there for little cost, except your time. I built 3 of my VPJR's for the cost of the EV2

That's really cool! I can only find the Ernie Ball Vp Jr's For $55 right now, but if I can find one on the lower end then that wouldn't be too hard to do (since I do have some soldering experiences. Thanks for the suggestion!

Back
Top Bottom