[implemented] Mini-Display: option to display Current Channel on Effects func Chan Inc/Dec

gberto

Inspired
Currently we only have the option for it to display the destination channel. When I've got a switch set up to inc/dec channels on an effect it would be much more useful to know what channel it's currently on.

Ex: I have a footswitch set to Chan inc/dec for Amp1

When Amp1 is on channel A the mini display shows Amp1 A
When // channel B // Amp1 B
When // channel C // Amp1 C
When // channel D // Amp1 D

For bonus points it would be awesome if we could provide a Custom label for each channel!

Ex:
When Amp1 is on Channel A the mini display shows Prince Rvb
When Amp1 is on Channel B the mini display shows AD20
When Amp1 is on Channel C the mini display shows JTM45
When Amp1 is on Channel D the mini display shows 2204

It says that in the manual, but I'm looking at my AxeFX III and it isn't there.

EX:
AxeFX III MkII v16.05
FC-12 v1.11
FC#1
Category: Effect
Function: Chan Inc/Dec
Effect: Amp1
Increment/Decrement: 1
Wrap: Wrap
Lower Limit: A
Upper Limit: C

The only Mini-Display Label options available are "Action", "Destination Channel", "Custom"

I just updated both the AxeFX and FC to the most recent version and I'm still seeing the same options.

AxeFX III mkII v17.01
FC-12 v1.12

FC#1
Category: Effect
Function: Chan Inc/Dec
Effect: Amp1
Increment/Decrement: 1
Wrap: Wrap
Lower Limit: A
Upper Limit: C

The only Mini-Display Label options available are "Action", "Destination Channel", "Custom"

I also confirmed on my device I see this regardless of which effect is selected, which lower/upper limit is selected, if Wrap is selected, or the number to inc/dec on each action.

Also confirmed these are the only three options available both on the device itself and also in Axe-Edit

Those label options are currently available for Effect bypass switches and Channel Select but not Channel +/- functions. They work well if you use the hold function for channel +/- A/B, etc.

The Destination Channel option will show you to which channel the switch will take you when pressed.

Last edited:
Those label options are currently available for Effect bypass switches but not Channel specific functions. They work well if you use the hold function for channel +/- A/B, etc.
Hmm... Then the manual is not correct?

I have never had a desire to see current so never tried.

Maybe @Admin M@ has already revised the manual but not released an update? Or maybe this is actually a bug?

Hmm... Then the manual is not correct?

I have never had a desire to see current so never tried.

Maybe @Admin M@ has already revised the manual but not released an update? Or maybe this is actually a bug?

Sure, so when Mr Fender says it you believe him, but you don't believe me when I say it?? :p;)

The manual is correct: the firmware is wrong :p
(That option is supposed to be there, so I'll direct this thread to the attention of @BryantP)

Thank you!

So this update will allow you to use a custom description for channels on +/- effects? For example I have Delay, Reverb and others utilizing 4 channels. I would like to have the screen display a custom description for each channel instead of Delay 1A, Delay 1B, etc. so I know what it is just in case I forget.

Back
Top Bottom