Cool... kind of Pink Floyd'ish in a way. I like the intro, how it swells into feed back from a clean tone but not quite all the way.

i'm thinking that it has less to do with amp and more to do with player. There's nothing there I don't think the axe couldn't do if you could play it. which i can't. I agree with sixtring, really nice how he keeps going from clean to coaxing feed back without it taking over. Really great control over his sound. Love the playing.

After going to the site... I find this interesting:

The Concorde is a single channel amp and does not have reverb, a master volume, an effects loop, foot switches, pull pots, transistors, chips or anything else that would degrade tone, harmonic complexity or touch sensitivity.

yet...

The amp was attenuated using a Ho attenuator and a TC 2290 was used in its loop for the delay. There’s a bit of reverb used at mix down. Jack used a Marshall 4x12 with G12 H30s for the session and ran a delay out of a separate 2x12 open back cabinet using two Scumnico speakers that bled into the mic.

so if I understand correctly, they cranked it all the way up, then backed down the volume with the attenuator? Then added delay and reverb.

and funny how a track can lead you places - the inter-web..: Ho Electronics Some interesting stuff.

and here's jack's review of the concorde:

http://www.tgpwebzine.com/?page_id=1213

Seems he reviewed the 19 as well.

Last edited:
Oooooo my that is Smoking HOT! I would Lov to have a Tonematch of that. That swell into feedback is sweet. Is this Amp in the Afx2 ,I know the Axefx2 can do it

Both his soundclips are OUTSTANDING.
I have a new touchstone for amp tone.
Oh yeh, the playing is pretty damn fine too.

I have a Komet 60 which is the predecessor of the Concorde. It is tube rectified and has a different Output Transformer to take different tube types, whereas the Concorde is straight EL34 and solid state rectified.
This amp is absolutely gorgeous in dynamics , harmonic complexity and sound density but it is so loud that I have to use it with a power attenuator which turns it a little average. I tried to catch the vibe of it with
the Wrecker1 model and during the last rehearsal this was the amp which definately didn't get lost in the mix. I live in Germany so shipping to Cliff would be expensive and it is a 240 Volts model.
A Concorde or Komet 60 (or both!!!) would be a great addition to the AXE FX II. Kind of Wrecker comlexity with fuller tight bass and more aggressive sounding and in fast mode with a feel like your fingers are
directly wired to the speakers.

I've owned a Komet 60 and a Concorde. They're 90% identical; the main difference is that the Concorde has a cathode follower (although in a rather unusual place in the circuit), and as mentioned, a solid state rectifier. The OT primary impedance is different, but not remarkably so.

I have schematics for both; I built a clone for myself that incorporated what I felt were the best features of both.

Back
Top Bottom