Mikko's Suhr IR's (G12-65)

greiswig

Power User
Hi,

I bought this pack from Fractal way back when, but now it is no longer available. Here's the problem: I messed up putting these in my AxeFX3 somehow, so they have a long "tail" ahead of them. IIRC, this happens when you don't select minimum phase transform or something like that when converting.

Anyway, I ran across these again in my stored cabs on the AxeFX. For one of my guitars, they're hitting the spot when blended with a different G12-65 cab for some tones I'm after. But I have to align the heck out of the other cab...like 44mm delay.

And...it turns out smoothing won't work at all on an impulse in that "long tail" state. So I'm trying to get these (again) to where I can load them properly. Anyone have a clue as to how? They are no longer available in the Fractal store.

Hi,

I bought this pack from Fractal way back when, but now it is no longer available. Here's the problem: I messed up putting these in my AxeFX3 somehow, so they have a long "tail" ahead of them. IIRC, this happens when you don't select minimum phase transform or something like that when converting.

Anyway, I ran across these again in my stored cabs on the AxeFX. For one of my guitars, they're hitting the spot when blended with a different G12-65 cab for some tones I'm after. But I have to align the heck out of the other cab...like 44mm delay.

And...it turns out smoothing won't work at all on an impulse in that "long tail" state. So I'm trying to get these (again) to where I can load them properly. Anyone have a clue as to how? They are no longer available in the Fractal store.
In Axe-Edit, you can try exporting the IRs to your computer. Go into manage cabs and then right click them. You should see an export option. Then, reimport them with min-phase selected and it should fix the alignment problem.

In Axe-Edit, you can try exporting the IRs to your computer. Go into manage cabs and then right click them. You should see an export option. Then, reimport them with min-phase selected and it should fix the alignment problem.
Nuts...that didn't work. They still show up with that long tail in front. The settings in the Cab Manager tool do have Minimum Phase checked off for both the processing mode and the output format. I wonder if that tail is due to Auto Trim not being selected when I first converted, and not to the Minimum Phase thing.

Not sure there is anything I can do here. Cab Lab won't let me pull in .syx ultrares files, either.

Nuts...that didn't work. They still show up with that long tail in front. The settings in the Cab Manager tool do have Minimum Phase checked off for both the processing mode and the output format. I wonder if that tail is due to Auto Trim not being selected when I first converted, and not to the Minimum Phase thing.

Not sure there is anything I can do here. Cab Lab won't let me pull in .syx ultrares files, either.
Hmm, you're right. I tried it with an IR I had previously imported raw and it didn't trim the leading silence. It seems to only work with .Wavs. Maybe there's a bug with .syx files?

Back
Top Bottom