Mikko's Mesa Boogie Mark IV Preset-Cab Bundle Test

I'm on Q1 and loaded this preset up no prob, but the patch sounds weak and thin for me which is strange since the drive knobs are on 8. im playing direct into the axe then direct into reaper with a crunch lab loaded LTD so Im at a loss for whats up??

I'm on Q1 and loaded this preset up no prob, but the patch sounds weak and thin for me which is strange since the drive knobs are on 8. im playing direct into the axe then direct into reaper with a crunch lab loaded LTD so Im at a loss for whats up??

It's strange that so many people are experiencing this. Hmm... I'll have to take a look at this. Can you try if raising the input trim works?

threw together a quick scratch track, the first half is the preset as is when i load it up, the second half is me turning the master and imput trim up to 5(!!!)

threw together a quick scratch track, the first half is the preset as is when i load it up, the second half is me turning the master and imput trim up to 5(!!!)

The first part is what it's supposed to sound like. :) It's definitely not a forgiving sound. You make a mistake and everyone can hear it. I suggest not touching the master knob but simply the drives.

The first part is what it's supposed to sound like. :) It's definitely not a forgiving sound. You make a mistake and everyone can hear it. I suggest not touching the master knob but simply the drives.

Ah! I've never really played mesa's outside of the recto series so the marks are new territory for me haha. I'm glad it definitely works the way it's supposed to though, looking forward to whatever else you're cooking up preset-wise!

What a stellar preset!!!
After seeing your zero bass thing I am going to have to try that on my boogie DC-10 and see how it responds to it!
I am curious I noticed scene two has a slightly different eq and different IR. Was that intended to actually be a scene? It's a little rounder and looser.

What a stellar preset!!!
After seeing your zero bass thing I am going to have to try that on my boogie DC-10 and see how it responds to it!
I am curious I noticed scene two has a slightly different eq and different IR. Was that intended to actually be a scene? It's a little rounder and looser.
It was most likely something I A/Bd when comparing to the real Mark IV. :)

I could say if you do that I will buy your stuff, buuut I could not wait to I bought the AWESOMELY priced Misha Mansoor 4-Pack and will try that out on the weekend to prepare the rigs for my new Band :)

I still would appreciate if you update and upload this preset+cab bundle here :)

Back
Top Bottom