Software "MIKKO" - Next Gen Cab Sim | Shoot your own IR's [ML Sound Lab]

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Thanks to @Heavyplayer for already clearing things up. There's a bit of confusion sometimes when you can find presets, IR's and plugins in our store. We'll spend some time figuring out how everything would be clearer. :)

Thanks to @Heavyplayer for already clearing things up. There's a bit of confusion sometimes when you can find presets, IR's and plugins in our store. We'll spend some time figuring out how everything would be clearer. :)

I think I just got excited over the idea of being able to move the mic around all the cabs I just got. Those cabs sound f*cking killer, btw. Definitely going to grab a few more of these packs. Generally, I have to sort through 10 or so cabs before I find one I dig, but when I loaded up yours it was the complete opposite. Hoping to spend some more time tonight with them as I only got to hear the first 15 or so. Seriously, between MIKKO, Cab Lab, the III itself and your IR’s, I’ll be set for life with tones.

Well thank you so much - that's becoming a very usual feedback these days. That's why I started doing the ML thing because what was out there back 6-7 years ago usually only had a few IR's in a huge collection that really fit the sound I wanted.

My MIKKO stopped working after updating...
Contacted support over a week ago .... nothing...
Honestly, I am quite disappointed by that type of behavior towards customers...

After the holiday season we've sticked to the plan to go through customer emails every single week. I'm doing it right now - the last time it was done was exactly one week ago on the 15th so if you contacted us before that then you have been answered.

I sincerely apologize for people who've had to wait for a new license. I also hope everyone understands that I run the entire company essentially on my own - I can honestly say that I spend at least 4 days of the week in the studio creating new products so that leaves me one day for everything else and on that day I handle support. Of course in a perfect world there would be no issues like this - the latest MIKKO 1.2.0 update fixed a bug related to licenses and request keys changing and for some people who most likely would've gotten this issue it changed the request key to a new final form that should now stick forever. We've gotten this issue from under 5% of our users just to give everyone an understanding of the size of the problem.

Some of the posts related to these issues have been IMHO a little bit unfair. Someone posted a public message along the lines of "I've contacted ML 5 times with no response" when those 5 messages were all sent within 2 hours. My first priority is customer satisfaction and if there's ever a clear case of me dropping the ball I make up for it - I try me best to be a good guy. :) Again - apologies and in a perfect world I'd hire an entire team to just answer customer emails but that's not possible for even small organizations let alone a one man company.

Please be patient - we go through customer emails every week.

I also had to wait a bit but Mikko fixed it eventually.
I understand the problems running a small company.
He was always friendly and helpful so all's good.
With the whole social media and connected thing, I think we kind off expect everyone to reply within minutes.
I don't.
I'm not even on social media.
And I only reply when I feel like it ;-)

I'm definitely already looking to hire someone to work customer service - it takes a huge amount of time which I should be using on products. The downside for that is obviously that people can't reach me as easily but I suppose that's inevitable with growth. Still - in a perfect world no one would have to wait at all. :) Thank you guys for understanding!

Been said by many already, great product -

Im also in the camp of people who hates scrolling through IR's to find the right one, often to find that ear fatigue comes into play and i don't like what i selected when i come back to it - being able to dial in the IR is quick and easy and within minutes of trying i created an IR that suited what i was looking for more than any i had tried previously ... the whole ir\frfr thing has pushed me to play more through a real cab of late, but Mikko may well have put an end to the frustration i have been suffering...

Thank you so much for those words. Really means a lot. :) Placing mics is something that's very personal and the thought behind the MIKKO was to make it "just as easy as in real life" - that being said it's not easy for everyone but still I believe it's the only way you'll be able to find "your sound" instead of trusting f.ex. "my sound". :)

Hey guys
Has anyone been able to get it to work on osx 10.14 mojave, I tried it on a friend's mac running 10.13 running great but i cant seem to get it working on 10.14

Hmm interesting - I'm personally a PC guy so Mac related stuff falls in the hands of the dev team. I'll ask about this right now. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Our main dev uses two Mac - one is 10.14 and the other is 10.15. Goes without saying he doesn't have any issues with it. I'll send you a PM about who to contact.

Hey - we just released a new MIKKO Mars Silver plugin today! In addition you can now get all MIKKO plugins 30% off for the next 10 days so be quick: https://ml-sound-lab.com/

Here's a demo video of me tweaking the new cab in a song context:

Hi Mikko. So your website says the cab has G12T-75 speakers in it. I thought the Jubilee cabs in the 80s had early Vintage 30s. Am I mistaken? Thanks!
The combos had the early "Marshall Vintage" speakers that were announced in '86. Those eventually became the Vintage 30 but with a very different spec. I'm pretty sure the G12T-75 is the standard speaker for all Silver Jubilee 4x12s. The re-issues have the new Marshall Vintage speaker in them but it's a very different animal.

Is there any way to rename or delete presets? If you go into an existing preset to adjust something, you have to retype the name to overwrite it. If you spell something wrong you will end up with a new saved preset, but there doesn't seem to be any way to delete or rename it. Maybe this can be incorporated into a future update?

I finally tried it the free version today. It was so good that I went on a mad shopping spree and grabbed most of the other cabs for it.

I'm only an hour in but damn this thing sounds so good. I've got a bogner mix that's killing me. They cabs seem to work with so many more amps in the Axe without being too dark, too much low end etc.. they just seem to work.

Back
Top Bottom