Software "MIKKO" - Next Gen Cab Sim | Shoot your own IR's [ML Sound Lab]

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Thank you guys - it's crazy trying to keep up with all the different conversations right now but I'll eventually hope to answer all questions.

You have six mics: 57, R121, M160, MD421, E906, KM184

The cool thing regarding Petrucci tones is the Traditional 4x12 Mega cab which is "the Petrucci" cab - that's included in the full version. :)

Downloaded the demo and this thing is fantastic!! So much more intuitive, for me personally, than just scrolling through multiple IR's. Even with just the one Mesa Cab, I was able to dial in a sounds that matched up with any of my favorite amps (Atomica, Dirty Shirley, AC20, Deluxe)
Even just staying on a 57 and being able to barely move it towards or away from the cone gave me awesome results with the previously mentioned amps.

This is changing the only personal struggle I've had with the AXE (which has been the IR auditions and/or trying to skim IRs for certain tones/scenarios) and giving me the user the control I have desperately been feeling disconnected from on the cab side of things.

Great Job Mikko! Purchase incoming.

Downloaded the demo and this thing is fantastic!! So much more intuitive, for me personally, than just scrolling through multiple IR's. Even with just the one Mesa Cab, I was able to dial in a sounds that matched up with any of my favorite amps (Atomica, Dirty Shirley, AC20, Deluxe)
Even just staying on a 57 and being able to barely move it towards or away from the cone gave me awesome results with the previously mentioned amps.

This is changing the only personal struggle I've had with the AXE (which has been the IR auditions and/or trying to skim IRs for certain tones/scenarios) and giving me the user the control I have desperately been feeling disconnected from on the cab side of things.

Great Job Mikko! Purchase incoming.
Awesome feedback. You perfectly described the whole concept. There is nothing more anti-climactic than going through hundreds of IR's - scrolling through folders and files and trying to find something and not remember a certain file name etc. it's frankly a clunky not functional way of doing things. With ear fatigue you'll get lost quicker than find a good sound. It needs to be faster and immediate results.

After using MIKKO for quite some time now I've gone into this mode where I'm never using the same mic up twice just like you would do with real cabs and tube amps in the studio. One day I might want a brighter mic up and a darker amp sound and vice versa. It's just so easy to tweak it now so why wouldn't you? :)

I haven't even covered the things you can do with automation in the DAW - for example you can move the mics based on a song section and you can do things like automate the microphone to move during a riff. It's almost like a wah type effect but it doesn't sound like a duck. :) Maybe this is the new hit effect for guitar for 2020? :D I'm already emphasizing buildups in songs so that verses will have a darker mic position and once the chorus hits the mic will slowly move to a brighter position. It's much cooler than volume automation because you're not getting that noticeable volume drop. Geek mode!

Awesome feedback. You perfectly described the whole concept. There is nothing more anti-climactic than going through hundreds of IR's - scrolling through folders and files and trying to find something and not remember a certain file name etc. it's frankly a clunky not functional way of doing things. With ear fatigue you'll get lost quicker than find a good sound. It needs to be faster and immediate results.

After using MIKKO for quite some time now I've gone into this mode where I'm never using the same mic up twice just like you would do with real cabs and tube amps in the studio. One day I might want a brighter mic up and a darker amp sound and vice versa. It's just so easy to tweak it now so why wouldn't you? :)

I haven't even covered the things you can do with automation in the DAW - for example you can move the mics based on a song section and you can do things like automate the microphone to move during a riff. It's almost like a wah type effect but it doesn't sound like a duck. :) Maybe this is the new hit effect for guitar for 2020? :D I'm already emphasizing buildups in songs so that verses will have a darker mic position and once the chorus hits the mic will slowly move to a brighter position. It's much cooler than volume automation because you're not getting that noticeable volume drop. Geek mode!

I hadn't even considered automation in the DAW. Mind blown! That's an amazing idea to differentiate and lift certain sections like that.
Order complete btw. :D

Miko, this plugging is amazing. Fun and easy, but most importantly the sound!!! WOW.

I only had 1 hour las night to try it, but that hour alone was fun fun fun.

Great job man!
Oh it's a lot of fun for sure. Just check this video of me geeking out with the automation tricks:

Mikko I just downloaded the free version and it really looks like this is gonna become an industry standard.
You really outdid yourself this time.

"Picking" an IR with this thing is much more enjoyable.

Is there any way to set each individual mic level?

Back
Top Bottom