Software "MIKKO" - Next Gen Cab Sim | Shoot your own IR's [ML Sound Lab]

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
EDIT: MIKKO was featured on Riffs, Beards & Gear:

This is a very proud moment for me and I feel very happy to post this thread on this forum where everything started for me. Special thanks to @Admin M@ - without you I would be pushing papers but now I'm officially running a music plugin company. Enough manly emotions, I've been working on this project for over 2 years now and it's finally here.

Here's the trailer:

And here's me showing you what this thing is all about:

EDIT:
Here's a video tutorial as promised for two different ways to run the standalone version of MIKKO with your Fractal unit. I'm not 100% sure if the Axe-Fx II, AX8 and FM3 will have the same exact routing options but you should find something similar. Here's the tutorial:

MIKKO is a next generation guitar cabinet simulator that works on a Windows or Mac computer as a Standalone, VST3 plugin and an AU plugin.

INSTALL FIRST - THEN GET THE LICENSE
Install the free demo version of MIKKO to get a request key for the full license. This will unlock all features mentioned below.

MOVE MICS IN 3D SPACE
With MIKKO you can mix and move up to 9 mics simultaneously in realistic 3D space: 360 degrees around the speaker, from edge to center and from close miked to 16" back. You also have 6 microphone types to choose from.

9 GUITAR CABINETS
MIKKO comes with 9 guitar cabinets based on a Mesa™ Traditional 4x12, Mesa™ Oversize 4x12, Marshall™ 1990s 4x12, Marshall™ 1970s 4x12, Diezel™ 4x12, EVH™ 4x12, Zilla™ 2x12, Suhr™ 2x12 and a Fender™ combo.

EXPORT .WAV IR'S
Make your own high quality impulse response collection for personal use that is compatible with all modelers that support .wav format IR's. Choose the correct format that suits your modeler and use minimum phase transform to ensure that you can also mix these IR's with most other IR's.

IMPEDANCE + CUT
Use the impedance and cut section to shape your sound in a natural way. 100% impedance settings perfectly simulate a realistic tube amp impedance which adds a pleasant tube amp color for certain use cases like using preamp pedals or certain modelers. Use the cut functions to limit the range of your cabinet simulation.

There's a 20% off intro sale for the full license right now so it's good to get it now: https://ml-sound-lab.com/

Last edited:
Just some creative criticism, Perhaps listing minimum system requirements.
Just tried to install, and unfortunately my studio system is running an older Mac OS version which apparently is compatible with the standalone version. Was looking forward to trying out, but no luck.
Good luck though, it looks pretty cool!

Just some creative criticism, Perhaps listing minimum system requirements.
Just tried to install, and unfortunately my studio system is running an older Mac OS version which apparently is compatible with the standalone version. Was looking forward to trying out, but no luck.
Good luck though, it looks pretty cool!
Thank you! We're new to this. Luckily everyone has to install the free version before paying anything but still. I'll get the system requirements ASAP.

Very cool, totally next generation stuff!

Instead of having 1000’s of IR’s to wade through something like this can allow you to have all those mic blends etc created on the fly.

More hands on and intuitive while still providing amazing flexibility

Can you audition the cabs live in the Axe FX or does it only work with a DAW?
There's also a Standalone program for Mac and Win so you don't need a DAW. You just need to configure your audio interface settings from the top bar in the Standalone program.

Hi,
for those with a Win7 machine, works like a charm,
Stand Alone as well as the plugin in Cubase 7.
I still wonder if there's any information about the speakers in the cabs out there I have missed?
Chris

Back
Top Bottom