Software "MIKKO" - Next Gen Cab Sim | Shoot your own IR's [ML Sound Lab]

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
First of all thank you again. :)

I'm not sure what the signal should be like on the Suhr Reactive Load. On the Fractal X-Load I can definitely get the volume way too hot with the volume knob. Also make sure you're running your real amp loud enough. This shouldn't really be a problem. Is there something specific about MIKKO that's not working with your Suhr or is the problem with the Suhr and other use cases as well?

First of all thank you again. :)

I'm not sure what the signal should be like on the Suhr Reactive Load. On the Fractal X-Load I can definitely get the volume way too hot with the volume knob. Also make sure you're running your real amp loud enough. This shouldn't really be a problem. Is there something specific about MIKKO that's not working with your Suhr or is the problem with the Suhr and other use cases as well?
I haven't noticed this signal strength issue when using the Reactive Load with the Axe FX III, which is the other scenario I've tested it with. With the Axe FX III for simulating cabs, I rarely have to go beyond 12 o'clock with the Reactive Load's level.

Thanks! :)

I'm posting a MIKKO demo this Tuesday, so stay tuned!

I'm honestly super happy with the result. If you haven't purchased MIKKO yet, you should consider doing so.

As promised, here's a brief demo of MIKKO. All guitars were tracked with my KSR Colossus, into the Suhr Reactive Load, and straight into MIKKO. The left side is the MEGA OLD, and the right side is the ZILLA. Both cabs were micked with an SM57 + R-121. Same mic positions and mixes on both cabs. Enjoy!!!

As promised, here's a brief demo of MIKKO. All guitars were tracked with my KSR Colossus, into the Suhr Reactive Load, and straight into MIKKO. The left side is the MEGA OLD, and the right side is the ZILLA. Both cabs were micked with an SM57 + R-121. Same mic positions and mixes on both cabs. Enjoy!!!

Wow thank you so much for the video - I actually checked it through Facebook already. :) I love that your music isn't in English but music is a language that combines us all - I liked the music as well. :)

Well, I don't know what's happening on my end but this is still not working. I watched Zach's video and noticed when I opened Audio/Midi settings my screen looked different than his. Here is Zach's:

View attachment 57172

Here is mine:

View attachment 57173

His doesn't have the Audio Device Type pull down menu. I've changed the settings on that menu to each of the options and never gotten the Mikko cab sound.

I also noticed in Zach's video he wasn't running the FX loop as suggested by @Heavyplayer

I'm running the free version if that makes a difference. I'm using that because I wanted to make sure this would work with my II before purchasing.

I'm not sure if anyone can help me. I keep reading how easy this is supposed to be and I want it to work.

I'm an Axe-II user and am having the same issue. Did you end up getting this to work? I tried changing the audio device type to ASIO, but that didn't help.

Based on some talks with Axe-Fx II people it should be as simple as choosing ASIO and then the Fractal driver from the other list - then replacing the output block of the Axe-Fx II with an FX Loop block. Let me know if this helps!

Based on some talks with Axe-Fx II people it should be as simple as choosing ASIO and then the Fractal driver from the other list - then replacing the output block of the Axe-Fx II with an FX Loop block. Let me know if this helps!

I tried that, and I can get MIKKO to show and input and output signal, but as someone mentioned earlier, I'm still getting bleed through of the original guitar signal w/ cab bypassed coming through. I tried playing around with different settings, but can't seem to figure it out. There must be some setting I'm missing.

I'm still getting bleed through of the original guitar signal w/ cab bypassed coming through
This should not happen if you don't have an output block in your Axe-Fx preset anymore. Just to be sure - what are you using for monitoring your Axe-Fx? Is it going through your computer or do you have your headphones/sound system connected to the Fractal directly?

This should not happen if you don't have an output block in your Axe-Fx preset anymore. Just to be sure - what are you using for monitoring your Axe-Fx? Is it going through your computer or do you have your headphones/sound system connected to the Fractal directly?

Ok I got it to work. I realized that I had shunts after the FX Loop, which were going to the output. Also, the other thing was that USB/DIGI Out Source has to be set to Output 2. I must have missed that when it was mentioned in one of the earlier posts, but found it after rereading through them. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Ok I got it to work. I realized that I had shunts after the FX Loop, which were going to the output. Also, the other thing was that USB/DIGI Out Source has to be set to Output 2. I must have missed that when it was mentioned in one of the earlier posts, but found it after rereading through them. Anyway, thanks for the help.
That was my thought as well. :) With the FX LOOP instead of output 1 you shouldn't get that phasy effect. Routing... it never gets simpler, it only gets more complicated. You should see the routing I have to do for IR shoots. :D

PS. Everything's 20% off at the store: www.ml-sound-lab.com

Hey Mikko (@ML SOUND LAB). I’m wondering if there’s a bug in MIKKO for typing mic distance. I can turn the knob back and forth for mic distance, no problem. However, when I try to type in a distance into the distance field, no matter what I type it changes the distance to 16”. Can you replicate this behavior? Thanks!

Hey Mikko (@ML SOUND LAB). I’m wondering if there’s a bug in MIKKO for typing mic distance. I can turn the knob back and forth for mic distance, no problem. However, when I try to type in a distance into the distance field, no matter what I type it changes the distance to 16”. Can you replicate this behavior? Thanks!

I've noticed I need to type 0.06 in the box to get it to set to 1" distance if thats any help?

Hey Mikko (@ML SOUND LAB), how are things going with MIKKO? It really is a great product and I'm able to craft some nice tones. I see you've been releasing some "regular" packs to the world which is great ( I have a bunch of your IRs outside of MIKKO). Are any of those (or others) going to be ported to MIKKO as you indicated early on? Keep up the good work!

Jason

Back
Top Bottom