Mikko goes USA

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
Actually I've been in Hawaii for two weeks already but tomorrow I'll be arriving in LA and I'll be around for a few months and the plan is to end up in NY. There are two reasons I'm posting this thread:

1) I'm looking to buy a used Gibson Les Paul from USA

If any of you feels like you have an extra USA Gibson I'd be interested to buy. Can be worn, it only makes it look better IMO. I'll be traveling all over US so don't worry about your location. PM!

Spec requests:
-60s slim taper neck
-USA Gibson but not the cheap Studio line. I'm looking for a keeper.
-PAF type pickups f.ex. Gibson 57 type pickups or Seymour Duncan PAF type pickups

2) I'm looking for good dudes from the forum who'd love to hang out

I'm not scary. Beer and BBQ keep me happy. I'm looking for excuses to play the guitar and an Axe-Fx. I can hook you up with some IR's for sure. :) If you have interesting gear I can shoot IR's for you. PM!

Also advice on what to do in the USA is highly appreciated. I really want to get to know what the States are all about.

Thanks in advance guys. :)

Well I live in Arizona, about 8hrs away from California. There are a bunch of us here actually. I would have to ask permission from the wife, but if she's ok with it, You are more than welcome to sleep in one of our empty rooms, if you are traveling through. We could do a get together, with folks here and have a few Coronas (Sorry Matt) and talk shop. I'm not sure what your dates are for being in the lower 48, but ping me and we can set something up with the folks here.
Sorry I'm not selling my Les Paul...;-)

Edit: Wife says its OK. You have a room in Arizona if you need it.

Last edited:
Well, I doubt you'll be in Central Florida, but if you are I've got some custom guitars you might enjoy checking out. No LPs or cool cabs though.

-USA Gibson but not the cheap Studio line. I'm looking for a keeper.

I'm jealous, sounds like you are going to have an amazing trip. Don't ignore the Studio's completely, there are some gems out there and they are priced for a steal - most of them just need decent pups. I have a couple of Gibsons, including a Studio and also an expensive Collector's Choice (#2), I love them both but at home the Studio gets used the most. It just has something really nice about it tone wise, the CC02 I use mostly live and sounds HUGE so it is very different indeed. I reckon with some decent pups my Studio would be very hard to put down.

Hope your travels go well!!

Mikko,
I live in the LA area. We should hang. FAS beta tester, full-time musician, tied in with all the cats out here.

I'd love to shoot my port city cabs. :)

Send me a pm.

What to see in America?

For starters;
Ca. Redwoods - Grand Canyon - Co Rocky's - Miss River - Wash. Dc. - NYC

Advice? visit Colorado & never leave ;)

Happy Trails

JD

Back
Top Bottom