Mikko goes USA

I don't think of a better place to write my post 100...men, you are the best! Needless to say, if you stray to the Mediterranean wing of America here we have plenty space and the fridge full, my wife and yours can go out shopping and we can stay in the cave geeking...yeah!

Last edited:
I'm in Birmingham, Alabama..... If you make it through this area hit me up. I know some great BBQ joints with some good craft beer offerings........and we could mess around with the Axe too. There are some local guys here that are Fractal nerds as well, so I'm sure we could get a group together.
I'm 2 hours south east of Birmingham let me know if you guys are getting together.

Okay guys I want to thank everyone once again for being so good to me and USA has definitely been an eye-opening experience. The different cultures you have in one nation is surprising. I was worried about my spoken English but it seems like I'd be better off learning some Spanish. I wasn't able to purchase anything from a 7 Eleven today because I didn't know any Spanish. :) Don't get me started on your love of guns. :D

Here's my situation:

I'll be doing a Florida road trip starting tomorrow. Then I'll cruise the Caribbean and by the end of this month I will be in New York and stay around that area for the rest of my trip. I will do a quick 10 day road trip NY - DC - Nashville - Chicago - Toronto - Niagara Falls - NY right before flying back home to Finland. I have around 7 cabinets waiting for me back home. ;)

The road trips are usually quite busy and they're not always the ideal time to hang out but I'll be spending a lot of time in the New York area and I'm looking forward to hanging out with as many of you as possible while there. I definitely hope that the official FAS hang thing works out. @Admin M@ what's the situation? :)

As for the Gibson Les Paul thing I may have bought one today. I was just looking for a beaten up workhorse with a burst top and Burstbuckers in it for a more vintage sound when compared to my PRS guitars. Long story short I promised to buy this 2014 120th Anniversary AAA top Gibson Les Paul Standard that's seen some tough love including a neck crack (fixed by a good luthier) for a super low price. :)

My first thought at seeing this thread was that you should try seeing a Blackhawks game, but didn't actually know if it would have worked out for your schedule. Real nice man hope you enjoy it!
I definitely will. Hockey is the Finnish national sport. :) Teravainen is the new kid from Finland. Rinne is Nashville's #1 goalie. I hope I see my countrymen show how it's done. Obviously I'm a huge Toews, Kane, Hossa, Keith fanboy... if only you had Rinne instead of Crawford. ;) Nah he's aight.

When I went to see Formula 1 in Budapest the winner was a Finnish driver named Kovalainen and Kimi was third. Epic day! I expect something similar in Chicago.

I definitely will. Hockey is the Finnish national sport. :) Teravainen is the new kid from Finland. Rinne is Nashville's #1 goalie. I hope I see my countrymen show how it's done. Obviously I'm a huge Toews, Kane, Hossa, Keith fanboy... if only you had Rinne instead of Crawford. ;) Nah he's aight.

When I went to see Formula 1 in Budapest the winner was a Finnish driver named Kovalainen and Kimi was third. Epic day! I expect something similar in Chicago.

Crawford is improving I'd say, and Chicago definitely has been showing love for Teravainan...kid has a lot of skill.

Must have been quite awhile ago when you went to Budapest for the that F1 race. Really love the Hungaroring though very exciting circuit

Definitely! He's actually from the same town as I am. NHL's best goalie at the moment right?
That's so cool! He's actually been having a bit of a rough stretch the last few months... We're hoping the coaches reduce his workload a tad and let him rest up and find his game. He's such a great guy though. I'm hoping we can finally pull out a deep playoff run for him.

Back
Top Bottom