Mike Stern - Tone

Hi everyone,
I'm a big fan of Mike, I met him a lot of times during concerts in the last years..

I think Mike has a great "stereo clean chorusing sound",

I have tried to emulate his beautiful tone with AX8, (here attached please find .syx file).
I think this preset it is pretty close to the original tone from the album "Odds or Evens". ;)

• Use your neck pick-up (humbucker size suggested..)
  • Don't forget the volume pedal is active in the preset... (open it completely)
  • You can also engage the drive (As Mike usually does ...)
  • There is also a long delay in Y mode (you can try to use it by gently "closing & opening" the volume pedal in order to obtain a "soft attack" very useful for special moments...
  • PS: use your guitar tone knob in order to get the best result in term of eq. Basically the amount of trebles is related to the pick-up features you are using..
Enjoy yourself...
Can you please post a video or sound cloud so I can listen to it because until I don't receive my Computer back I can't download it, please and thanks in advance for your consideration !!!

i need this preset in fm3 :C
here is the SPX90 thing= from another thread on the forum:

At any rate, here's how I currently do sim on the Axe with the Pitch Block.

Effect Type: DETUNE
V1 Detune: -11.0 ct
V2 Detune: 11.0 ct
Level 1 & 2: 100%
Pan 1: -100, Pan 2: 100
Delay 1 & 2: 30 ms
Input Mode: Mono (I have this right after the amp Block)
Low Cut: 20hz
Hi Cut: 9999hz

I'm using the Double Verb stock preset as a starting point and adjusting things to taste.

I’ve not looked at the preset in a while, but Mike was using the SPX90 in front of the Twin Reverb amps, as they don’t have an effects loop.

Back
Top Bottom