Might be getting the new axe fix III

On list for Axe Fx III , had all of them in the past was not satisfied , went back to pedals but still love some of the sounds , I’m gonna try again as they say this it , I have had axe fx since they first came out ,every combination you can think of ,this time I’m thinking axe fix III , with Engl 810 /20 power amp and 2 Mesa rec 2x12 cabinets in stereo v 30 ‘s , any input , but please I’m not interested in for frfr or using pa speakers or any of that thanks be nice

It works nicely as a pre amp with FX. Some amp models will sound bad without their power stage modelling but there are plenty enough that don't.
Enjoy (when it arrives.)

If you don’t use the Ax Fx III with a FRFR monitor, you’re probably better off just getting a killer tube amp. If you’re using a tube power amp and Mesa speakers, you’re really defeating the purpose of having hundreds of amp models and thousands of speaker simulations. You won’t be able to really experience the capability of the Axe III. I did the same thing when I had the Ax FX II. You can get some good tones but you’re missing so much of what this thing does. Just sayin.

I think it would work great , you can make different presets ,for power amp ,with guitar speakers and then presets for studio monitors. you'll have to read up bit for shutting off cabs and power amp(in the axe 3) for using with power amp and speakers. Only problem with using a real cab and power amp, you're kind of limited to the sound of your power amp and speakers . But it will still sound killer :)

I've had better success (if using modeling into real guitar cabs) using solid state power amps, not tube.

However, after years and all possible configuration and setups for live, I greatly prefer 4CM with a real amp for live, and home practice or recording / re-amping with modeling.

I think if you are just playing to yourself for yourself, FRFR is the better way to go.

Good luck man, and use ignore for the sniperz... it's great when you don't have to see thier "holier-than-thou" responses in every thread.

I've had better success (if using modeling into real guitar cabs) using solid state power amps, not tube.

However, after years and all possible configuration and setups for live, I greatly prefer 4CM with a real amp for live, and home practice or recording / re-amping with modeling.

I think if you are just playing to yourself for yourself, FRFR is the better way to go.

Good luck man, and use ignore for the sniperz... it's great when you don't have to see thier "holier-than-thou" responses in every thread.
Agreed. I tried the Matrix GT1000 FX solid state power amp with a Matrix 2x12 cab and it sounded great. You could use most of the amps and speakers but it definitely colored the sound.

I very much enjoy the axe in my current setup (HS8 studio monitors). I do sometimes miss the feel of my 5150 and real pedalboard but the flexibility and low volume options I have at my disposal kind of make up for it. I do find it a lot easier to just dial in my main tone with a tube amp and some pedals and I'm not really a fan of endlessly tweaking my tone so I think in some instances the axe is just a bit much for me.

If you go your route just be prepared to spend some time tweaking it to your liking. The factory presets and most of the shared presets will be optimized for frfr. And even then.. there is a difference between 8,10and 12 inch monitor speakers. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom