Midrange management?

stm113

Power User
Something that’s been tossed around here in the forums for about as long as I can remember is that the Axe FX II (at least) has an “inherent tone”. Many agree but I think it’s true. There is something that I just can’t seem to put my hand on but it’s in the midrange. Have any of you noticed something like this? If so how do you handle it? Like what cuts do you make in the mids? Are you cutting in the unit or in your DAW?

Thanks all!

Something that’s been tossed around here in the forums for about as long as I can remember is that the Axe FX II (at least) has an “inherent tone”. Many agree but I think it’s true. There is something that I just can’t seem to put my hand on but it’s in the midrange. Have any of you noticed something like this? If so how do you handle it? Like what cuts do you make in the mids? Are you cutting in the unit or in your DAW?

Thanks all!
I've never seen this mentioned before regarding the Axe Fx. I have seen it mentioned about the Kemper...

Are you talking about the inherent tone in general or the midrange aspect? I kinda lumped them together. I know the inherent tone has been talked about, I’ve commented on those threads, maybe not the midrange part, but to me that’s a part of it.

Back
Top Bottom