Midiox and midisport 2x2 config - problem updating firmware

Ochanomizu

Inspired
I'm having problems upgrading from AxeFX v10.00 to v10.03. There some new changes to my setup as listed below.

I've recently had to have my laptop fixed / upgraded. As a result I've updated and installed the latest version of both Midisport 2x2 Anniversary (driver v6.1.2) and Midiox (v7.00.365).

I think I might not have configured my midi ports correctly in midiox, but I'm not sure. Anyone out there using this setup and how did you configure your ports?

I setup the AxeFX to await the sysex file. I'm trying to update from v10.00 to v10.03 on my AxeFX.

When I load the sysex file in midiox, I get the following message in midiox:

"SysEx Output Devices: The port is transmitting data to the device. Wait until the data has been transmitted, and then try again."

On the axefx it says "file transfer in progress" with one bar on the progress indicator, and just stays there.

My Midi inputs in midiox are set to my midisport port A, the outputs are midiport A.

My input and output buffers on Midiox are 256 bytes size and number 16.

I'm running a 5 pin midi cable from my midisport port A to the midi on on my Axe FX.

On my midisport, I have the USB/Merge switch pressed in.

I'm running Windows 7 32 bit, and I've rebooted a few times and also disabled my firewall (Kapersky).

Prior to this, I had upgraded my AxeFX a few times when I was using Windows Vista with the same midisport and midi cable with no problems. The things that have changed are my operating system (vista to windows 7), midisport driver version (6.0.0.5.10.0.5131 to 6.1.2) and Midiox software.

Any thoughts, suggestions, configuration tips greatly appreciated, thanks!

Re: Midiox and midisport 2x2 config - problem updating firmw

Try using Axe-Edit to update your firmware and see if you get the same result. If so then there are several other things it could be that can be looked at one by one until the problem is found. Try the latest version of Axe-Edit though first and see if that doesn't help.

I think I've narrowed down the problem to my configuration (or version) of MidiOx.

I installed Bome's SendSX and it updated no problems. :)

Oh ok, that's cool. As long as you got it workin'. :)

Back
Top Bottom