midiot needs some help with assigning x/y to pedal

frankiev

Experienced
I want to connect a switch to the mfc to control x/y . Ive read the majority of the manual and remember seeing something about how to do this but now that Im going back to look I cant find a specific entry that helps me . I confess Im a midiot . Can someone break it down a bit for me ,dosent have to be step by step (unless you want to) If you get me in the ball park I should be able to figure it out .

Ok I found the x/y part of the manual where it says each avail x/y sw has its own global cc# . So if I have an amp with x/y and a delay with x/y in the samre preset I would need two seperate switchs to control them since they have a dedicated cc# . one sw would transmit to the delay and one to the amp . Is that correct? Can I somehow use the same switch to control both independently ?

I don't believe you can control them independently with the same switch. You can control them at the same time with the same switch, though. Just assign the same CC# to both functions on the Axe. But I doubt that is what you would want to do, unless you wanted to always switch them both at the same time. And as far as the vague answer you received earlier is concerned, I believe they were just pointing out their forum member name.:)

Thanks for the link . actually the part under "configuring floor controllers " makes no sense to me . Is it correct because it sure doesnt look right to me

It's correctly describing one way to use XY switching, where 2 IAs both act as on/off and the one you choose determines X or Y.

If you only want to toggle XY (not bypass state) set the switch up as a basic toggle (off val = 0, on val = 127) for the CC# of the XY function you want to control (see Axe I/O: CTRL page for the CC#s).

Thanks . The fact that whats on the wiki dosent make sense to me tells me im missing some bit of understanding . your explanation helps . You mention bypass ,I thought x/y was for 2 diff settings why use it for bypass

The XY function isn't controlling bypass in that example; the IAs have another CC# (the one for bypass) in addition to the one for XY. That way you could group the 2 switches (only possible w/ onboard IAs) and always be only one press away from the result you want (X & engaged, Y & engaged, bypassed).

1. Plug your footswitch into SWITCH 1+2 - Edit- Setup - parameter right x14 - select XS1 type TOGGLE or MOMENTARY (select the type of switch you have.) - Exit/save
2. Edit - Midi - parameter right x13 - select XS1 - select the CC# you want (amp1 x/y is 100) - select the Midi channel (most likely CH1) - select TypTOG - Exit/save

This should get you in the ball park. Also, if the switch you are using only has one switch, use a regular 1/4" cable and set XS2 to off in the midi menu (step 2).
:)

Back
Top Bottom