MIDI with FM3

A total noob when it comes to MIDI, so pls bear with me. I’m contemplating to add a MIDI controller such as Morningstar MC6 to my FM3 to allow for more control without buying a FC6 (love it but quite expensive). My question is: would the MIDI controller “know” in what preset you are on the FM3, thus allowing for different set of controls on the MIDI controller depending on which preset you’re on?

A total noob when it comes to MIDI, so pls bear with me. I’m contemplating to add a MIDI controller such as Morningstar MC6 to my FM3 to allow for more control without buying a FC6 (love it but quite expensive). My question is: would the MIDI controller “know” in what preset you are on the FM3, thus allowing for different set of controls on the MIDI controller depending on which preset you’re on?
No.

At this point there isn't much gigging going on. There will be again some day!
In my case, I was really considering getting the FC6 as I already have one for my Axe III. It is by far the best setup for any of these devices bar none.
However, for my FM3 I went with a Morningstar MC3. A couple of reasons for this. When playing live or at rehearsals, I need to turn on and off a couple of FX during various songs through our set. If I need something completely different, I simply make a new preset and use that. The FM3 is super easy to navigate if I need to turn more off and on with just the 3 switches.

The other reason was that I didn't want a 28" pedalboard cramping up a small rehearsal space or small stage at many of the clubs we play at regularly. That is almost the width of a 4x12 cab, not to mention twice as heavy to carry around. All of this had to fit on my current Pedaltrain Jr board complete with ins and outs wired into a panel jack.

I sacrificed a bit of instant visual switching for a more compact setup and really, I'm not missing anything. I'll post it up in the FM3 show me your boards area.

Back
Top Bottom