Midi to switch between on/off efx and scenes

Sauro_on_guitar

Inspired
Vendor
Hi,
I'm a totally newbie on axe fx 3 and I would like to know if there is a way to change the status of my midi pedalboard (Nektar Pacer) to use it to on/off efxs and to changes scenes (I did it with an F switch on ax8).

If I understand correctly, you're wanting to control effects and scenes with your pedalboard? In the FX3, you can go into Setup, Midi/Remote, and then page over to Bypass and over to Other. On the Bypass tab you can assign midi values for the effects you wish to control, and then on Other, the same for scenes. Hope this helps.

Looking at the Nektar Pacer info online, it looks like you might be able to use preset(s) D3, D4 & D6 for controlling specific effects and also scenes. Just need to enter the CC numbers associated with the Pacer's values for each switch, into the Bypass and Other section of your FX3, as the FX3 doesn't come with the CC's assigned by default, like the FX2 did. Cheers.

For instance, on the Pacer, in preset D3, switch #1 is assigned CC 64 and switch #2 as CC 65. In the FX3, go Setup, Midi/Remote, Other, and you could enter CC64 for Scene Decrement and CC65 for Scene Increment. This would allow you to scroll up or down through the scenes with these two switches. Then set switches 3 - 6 each to an effect that you want to control off/on. Again, best of luck.

First of all, thank you. I try to explain myself better ... I would like to have a footswitch on the pedalboard that allows me to switch from an on/off efxs mode (ie all other footswitches turn on and off an effect) to a scenes change mode (ie all footswitches are assigned to a single scene)

Gotcha. On my Morningstar MC-6, we could choose a Scene by using the Scene Select CC under Other, but this footswitch allowed for a subsequent value to get transferred to the FX3, along with the CC value. Ex. CC34 (number I have assigned for Scene Select) and 0 - 7. Scene 1 was chosen if the additional value was a zero, on up through Scene 8 when the additional value was a 7. I can't tell if the Pacer will allow this, based on the online info. Obviously you could assign the Scenes footswitches to one of the Pacer presets (D3 perhaps) and on D4 and D6 you could assign the specific effects you wish to control.

My mind fritzed. What I was trying to say is the MC-6 allowed sending a CC number along with a CC value. If the Pacer can handle sending both in the same message, you should be able to have a specific Scene attached to a given foot switch. Only the lower 6 switches on the Pacer look to me as candidates, but I could be wrong. Cheers

I have no experience with the Pacer, but 3 minutes on Google and their support site was pretty easy ;)

See "Assigning CC Messages" here:

http://support.nektartech.com/Support/pacer-support/Creating-and-Customizing-Presets-for-Pacer

So, it is possible to do scene changes.

You'll need to tell the Axe Fx III which midi CC to use for scenes - there are no defaults. Most people use 34 since that is what the CC used on the Axe Fx II is. You'll find the setting under the Midi/Remote menu.

On the Pacer, you'll need to use the same CC value, but also set the CC on/off data value. The values 0-7 map to scenes 1-8.

Back
Top Bottom