MIDI Thru through USB

gweston

I am trying to get axe fx to pass midi from a Mastermind GT to my daw. I am not having any luck.

Is there a setting that allows Axe Fx to pass CC data it receives via USB to the DAW on the computer?

I am trying to get axe fx to pass midi from a Mastermind GT to my daw. I am not having any luck.

Is there a setting that allows Axe Fx to pass CC data it receives via USB to the DAW on the computer?
you can USB from the MMGT to your DAW for communication for now.

The Gordius Little Giant footswitch has a built in midi interface, and you can select routing:
midi out
usb out
midi and usb out

This lets me communicate simultaneously with a computer and Axe-Fx. I use it to simultaneously select Axe-Fx patches and receive Axe-Fx tuner (midi), cue and play DAW backing tracks (usb), move sliders and mute channels on digital mixing board (usb), and select light scenes (usb)

In case anybody is overlooking it, the way to get this to work is to connect the midi controller to your computer, not your Axe-FX. From there, in your DAW, echo the midi back out to the Axe-FX. That way you can both control your Axe-FX and record the midi CC into your DAW. This is a case where a midi interface has an advantage over an FC.

Maybe I need to explain my intend.
The FX3 is connected to an ipad via USB,
the iPad is my multitrack looper (group the loop)
The sound is working fine, but I want to controll
the app/ipad with a foot midi controller.
In the app the FX3 is shown as a midi port but
the midi commands aren't passed.

I have also an USB interface (Focusrite Clarett)
with midi port and USB, this is working fine.
But the sound quality is far less then with the
FX3 connected directly to the iPad.

I hope this will explain my problem 😊

Sure, but that's quite different than what the OP is asking for. For your case, you should be able to connect a controller directly to your iPad. An iPad can act as a midi host. But, you should start a new thread rather than reply here since your situation is different than what the OP is doing. The problem the OP described can simply be solved by echoing midi from their DAW.

Back
Top Bottom