MIDI thru still modifying data from other devices

shasha

Fractal Fanatic
Not real sure if this is a 'bug', but trying to get a patch dump from my FCB1010 using the AxeFXII's MIDI ports it arrives to the computer in the wrong size and is corrupt. I've also tried using the Merge function inside of AxeEdit and it doesn't get to Ripwerx at all.

Last edited:
Can Ripwerx identify your fcb1010 firmware? Do you have i/o, MIDI, USB ADAPTER MODE set to ON?

I don't think you want Axe2 to have Merge set to ON.

The size of the dump is probably bigger than the Axe-Fx II's internal buffer. The Axe-Fx II is not designed to be a general-purpose MIDI I/O. It can handle most things but not large sysex dumps.

The size of the dump is probably bigger than the Axe-Fx II's internal buffer. The Axe-Fx II is not designed to be a general-purpose MIDI I/O. It can handle most things but not large sysex dumps.

It's good to learn this. I don't recall reading this in the manual, it might be a good idea to include it in its next version. Maybe someone doing the Axe Wiki can put a notice up.

I'm going to post a new thread on another issue I had with USB ADAPTER MODE when trying to update the firmware.

Thanks for clarifying Cliff. It's not the biggest deal in the world for me right now; I've got a workaround and potential idea brewing with a MIDI thru device that's basically a buffered MIDI splitter. As long as sending the dumps to the AxeFXII don't hurt anything (and to date it hasn't even blinked) then it should work. Just depends on how motivated I am. ;)

It's good to learn this. I don't recall reading this in the manual, it might be a good idea to include it in its next version. Maybe someone doing the Axe Wiki can put a notice up.
The "someone" doing the Axe Wiki is us.. the users !! All of us,,,
That someone means YOU !
Feel free to sign up and create a notice for this info. :)
That's how it gets on the wiki. User involvement.

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom