Bug? MIDI THRU ISSUE

sprint

Axe-Master
I have an external delay pedal in the loop of my Axefx. The delay (Nemesis) has midi in/out. When I send PC messages from an MFC general use switch, the delay gets a message (I see the light flash), but it does not react correctly. Based on my analysis it is starting to look to my like something is different about how the AxeFx/MFC101 sends midi messages. Here's what I've don't to try to narrow this down:

- Axefx Midi through is on.
- Axefx real-time messages set to none.
- Different midi channel set on the delay.
- Checked for cable issues.
- Checked for correct PC on/off values and channels on MFC IA Switch.
- Confirmed with a midi monitor that the correct messages are being sent to the delay, however (and here's the interesting part): if I send the exact same midi message from another controller I have (L6 Pod HD500), directly to the Nemesis, it reacts perfectly, but, if I send the same message from Pod HD500 through the AxeFx (midi in/out-thru), to the Nemesis does not understand the message (even though the PC message (in hex) shows exactly the same on the midi monitor running on my laptop (have midi running back to my laptop for monitoring).

It's like something is changed in the midi message when it passes from POD HD, through the Axefx to Nemesis Delay compared to directly from POD HD to Nemesis delay - but the midi monitor shows the exact same message on both cases - how can that be? There must be some sort of difference that the monitor is not showing.

I seem to remember some discussion about this way back. Anyone have any insight?

I've been trying to send CC 18 messages from the MFC 101 ( via FAS Link) to the Axe FX II XL+ and through to my MBP and the message that goes through is always CC 0 and a value of 0 no matter what I send. It's not the same exact thing but it may be related. I started a support ticket and the end result was that I wouldn't be able to use FAS Link for this.

Back
Top Bottom