1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug? MIDI Thru functionality

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Bugs' started by lauke-lux, Nov 5, 2018.

1. lauke-lux

lauke-lux
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

AXE FX II mark I : When midi thru enabled and receiving Channel defined as ch1 (not omni), no other channels are let through on midi thru for other devices declared on other channels.

For me midi thru should echo any midi signal from the input.
    Bad use or bug ?

AlGrenadine likes this.
  2. vaultnaemsae

vaultnaemsae
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

If it is a MIDI bug (and I think there's a good chance it is) it will not be fixed. Fractal Audio has abandoned the idea of fixing the MIDI mess of the II and simultaneously abandoned customers who purchased the II.

3. lauke-lux

lauke-lux
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

For the time being I'd just like to know if I badly parametered midi, I/O or global parameters. I actually have a solution using seperate midi out channels on my Gordius LG2. or by putting the Axe Fx in the end of the chain. Putting the Axe fx in the end of the chain does't arrange me as I use a 7-pins midi cable from the LG2 midi out directly to the Axe Fx midi in, so not to need a power outlet close to the pedal.
    If it is a bug then I'm affraid it is imbedded in the midi UART component -> and thus logically not correctible with a firmware; you'd need to pull off the dedicated UART separately off the board and reflash it. Otherwise I'm quite convinced FAS would have done the necessary a long time ago with a FW update.