Midi thru for CC not working - PC working fine

Tplesko

Inspired
Any ideas? This one is odd.

I am using an FCB1010 with the Axe III (uno Chip in stompbox mode) and all is well - I have it exactly as I want it for now - everything works as designed expect one thing. I am tying in my vocal processor and it also works fine using the midi blocks in Axe Edit (super cool!!) to change the patch # on the vocal processor (using PC # changes) and to set effects using CC#'s - works fine with Axe edit using a midi block, it also works fine if I set the Axe to "Send Midi PC" and then I don't even need a midi block in the patch to change the presets.

However, when using a CC message and values using the FCB1010 it doesn't appear the Axe III is allowing the CC#s thru. Simply stated I can use the FCB1010 to pass thru PC messages to the Helicon unit, but not the CC messages. The "midi" indicator lights on the vocal processor for PC messages using the FCB1010, and works using Axe Edit for both PC and CC messages using a midi block - if I add a midi block to a patch, I can turn the effects on and off in the Helicon unit using a CC message. But I cannot using the exact same CC message and value using the FCB1010 foot controller. Strange as I know the CC messages are working because I used the other 4 to turn FX on/off on the Fractal using them (I turn the tuner on/off this way, also).

Any ideas? I am assuming I missed a setting somewhere maybe? Or is it a bug? Or it is my mediocre midi knowledge? I am a 5 of 10 on midi; used it a lot, but I am sure I have a lot to learn.

PS I am super stoked about this rig. I play in several bands and am a lousy singer (working on that) so changing to select songs using the FBC1010 to also change my vocal patch (and hard coded song key) is really great. Just need this CC pass thru to work.

Any help or ideas appreciated!

Check the CC midi channel number on the TC Helicon unit and the Foot-Controller. It may be on a different midi channel? Most units can have PC messages and CC messages on different midi channels.

I'm not sure if the Axe III merges MIDI In data to the MIDI Out stream. The manual doesn't mention anything about this.

It should be possible to control the Helicon solely from the FCB1010 commands via the Axe MIDI Thru port. If you needed FCB and Axe commands to both reach the Helicon, a separate hardware merge solution might be required.

Check the CC midi channel number on the TC Helicon unit and the Foot-Controller. It may be on a different midi channel? Most units can have PC messages and CC messages on different midi channels.
Hey Moke! Man, it works via the Axe Edit - the Helicon is receiving and responding the CC messages so I don't think it's on the TC unit. Good hearing from you man!

I'm not sure if the Axe III merges MIDI In data to the MIDI Out stream. The manual doesn't mention anything about this.

It should be possible to control the Helicon solely from the FCB1010 commands via the Axe MIDI Thru port. If you needed FCB and Axe commands to both reach the Helicon, a separate hardware merge solution might be required.
Hahahahaha - thank you so much! I am an idiot...when you posted this I didn't think that I may have somehow put it in the "Out" instead of the "Thru". I did have it in the out, which explains why it worked via Axe Edit but not thru the physical unit. I am good now! Midi 100% working and a very, very cool rig. Thanks so much man!!!

Back
Top Bottom