Midi switching

I have a "one control" crocodile midi switcher /looper. I want to use it to control my FX8 as well as change channels on my VH4. I should be able to use the mid thru on the FX8 and do both these things. However, I can't even figure out how to get it to change the channels on the fx8. I understand how MIIDI works but I cannot find anywhere on the net how to program something using midi. Its all nonsense when looking at the control screen on the fx8.

Any help would be appreciated.

Are you asking how to use the FX8 to change channels on the amp?

I'm not sure why you'd be doing that if you're planning to use the other controller with midi thru.

Also, you can't use midi thru to control the FX8... You would use midi in to control the FX8 and thru to control the amp. The thru passes the same midi that comes to in to the thru.

I don't have an FX8 so I can't give much detail, but general midi knowledge can answer some of it.

I would suggest writing out in more detail specifically what you are trying to accomplish.

Further, looking at the back of the FX8 it has midi out/thru which the older Axe Fx II had. That means it's a "soft thru" and as such there is probably a setting to make it act as either OUT or THRU... And I bet the default is out. And that means only midi generated from the FX8 itself would come from the output.

Hopefully this helps some.

Back
Top Bottom