MIDI switching triaxis & Axe FX at the same time

searching

Inspired
So I'm looking at midi foot controllers such as the fcb1010 or the ground control pro. I've never used or programmed a midi foot controller before, so I know I have some learning to do. I plan on doing a lot of reading to figure it all out, but one thing I was wondering is if it will be possible to use the foot controller to switch presets on my axe and my mesa boogie triaxis at the same time while using the 4 cable method. Basically I want to have about 10 patches on the axe just for effects and be able to have each patch use a different sound within the triaxis. (if you're not familiar with the triaxis, it is fully midi programmable also)

Will this be possible with the fcb1010 or the ground control pro?

Im a newbie myself, but im certain you can do this. Passing midi control changes to/thru multiple devices is a cornerstone of this comminications protocol.So any midi foot controller worth its salt should be up to task.

Yes, you just need to set the Axe-FX and the Traxis on different MIDI channels. A MIDI device will respond to messages on its channel, and ignore messages on other channels while passing them down the chain via its MIDI Thru port. So you could set your Axe-FX on MIDI channel 1, and the Triaxis on MIDI channel 2. Virtually any MIDI controller (including the FCB and the GC Pro) will simultaneously send program change messages on multiple MIDI channels.

Back
Top Bottom