Midi Sport problem again!!!

Gorilla

Experienced
Hey, I use Logic Pro 9.1.blah blah.... And I have a Mac Pro dual 2.66 Intel 8gigs of ram. Usually running in 64bit mode in Logic. OSX 10.6.7
But everytime I hook up my midi sport 2x2 and Axe edit things just go wrong. My mouse jumps all over the place, and midi connections just do not work. Anyone else experiencing any problems when running Logic and Axe edit at the same time? I use all internal drives as when I try running Logic with my old firewire EID drives it will not even open. I know it sounds like possibly a computer problem, but I hope maybe I'm not doing something here.
Thanks

Is Logic taking control of any MIDI ports? That's the only thing that I could think of.

Open Activity Monitor and select System Memory. What does it show for Free memory when you are having problems? Sort on the Real Mem column; are there any processes grabbing a huge amount?

I'll check these right now.Took it back to guitar center and of course it worked fine. So it's something with my setup.

Thanks for replies!

EDITED::
Open Activity Monitor and select System Memory. What does it show for Free memory when you are having problems? Sort on the Real Mem column; are there any processes grabbing a huge amount?
I tried to attached some pics but it doesn't work so here's links>> pic 1 - pic 2
My mouse just goes crazy and I can't select nothing now. I have to re-boot to get rid of the problem. If I open Axe Edit by itself it does this and when Logic and Axe edit are open together

Last edited:
Midisport 2x2

I'll check these right now.Took it back to guitar center and of course it worked fine. So it's something with my setup.

Thanks for replies!

EDITED::
I tried to attached some pics but it doesn't work so here's links>> pic 1 - pic 2
My mouse just goes crazy and I can't select nothing now. I have to re-boot to get rid of the problem. If I open Axe Edit by itself it does this and when Logic and Axe edit are open together

The M-Audio drivers are not the finest in the world, unfortunately. In my case the M-Audio USB Audiophile driver would systematically eliminate the midisport 2x2 driver. I suse XP Home Edition SP3 (Midisport to be reinstalled everytime after I used the Audiophile). I suggest you change the interface for another brand.

I use logic with m-audio fast track pro on a macbook pro and yes, i can use axe edit and logic at same time. I can use also fast track pro and midisport 2x2 at the same time with logic and axe (one midi interface for axe and one for another midi interface). I use fast track connected to mac through usb cable and only with this i can send audio to external monitor and also send midi to axe

your issue is strange and really there are not too many info to solve this problem. Do you use usb mouse? can you use axe editor without logic? Can you send midi change from logic to axe without axe-editor?

in this case i suggest you to try a very basic connection and start from there to locate the problem.

i would try those things in this sequence:

at very first place you must switch on the audio interface, before switch on everything else
1- switch on axe-fx and then open logic....does it works?
2- switch on axe-fx and then open axe-editor....does it works?
3- switch off axe-fx and try to open axe-editor (alone)....mouse goes crazy?

all midi and audio cables are connected in a proper way? re-check if necessary (two times are better then one :) )

let me know if those things works

Back
Top Bottom