Midi Splitter box needed for 4 devices?

Valhalla

Hey gang,
I'm about to take the plunge on an RJM Mastermind GT/16 to control my Axe FX IIXL+, two Eventide rack units and a Roland guitar synth.
Up to now I've been using a Morningstar MC8 to control the Axe and two Eventides using midi thru and it's worked great.
I'd like to incorporate the synth, which makes four midi devices. I will mostly be doing simple midi program changes on the synth, although looking ahead there may be a need to send CC#s to the synth.
Considering the options, I could use another midi thru from the second Eventide to the synth, but I'm wondering if that would bring troubles.
The other way is--in that I'll be using the RJM phantom power box into the Axe--to place a Quad Thru splitter between the Axe thru and the subsequent midi devices.
I could use some advice whether the splitter is necessary/advisable or not, if this setup is optimal etc. I'd appreciate any ideas or suggestions for the best way of doing this.
Thanks!

I would first try the midi thru to the synth. ( easy! cheap and simple) As long as you don‘t send timing relevant events as midi notes from the synth to an expander, i think you can do daisy chain midi devices and don’t need a splitter!

Back
Top Bottom