MIDI slave support

PRS Guy

Inspired
Can the Ax8 run as a MIDI slave? I am currently running a boomerang looper off of a beatbuddy drum machine for duo gigs. It would be nice if I could use the looper in the AX8 as a slave to the beatbuddy.

The boomerang looper supports, start, stop and tempo sync. Can the AX8 do any of that?

I realize I can still use the setup I currently have with the AX8 added to the mix but I am hoping to trim down the setup in some cases.

Thanks.

Can the Ax8 run as a MIDI slave? I am currently running a boomerang looper off of a beatbuddy drum machine for duo gigs. It would be nice if I could use the looper in the AX8 as a slave to the beatbuddy.

The boomerang looper supports, start, stop and tempo sync. Can the AX8 do any of that?

I realize I can still use the setup I currently have with the AX8 added to the mix but I am hoping to trim down the setup in some cases.

Thanks.

AX8 internal tempo will slave to the MIDI clock from the Beatbuddy, but the AX8 Looper won't respond to MIDI Real Time Sync commands (Pause/Start/Stop/etc). If you really want to eliminate the Boomerang, you could add a MIDI Solutions Event Processor to convert the MIDI Sync commands into the MIDI CC #s for looper control on the AX8. The Event Processor is small so size wouldn't be an issue but it wouldn't be a breeze to configure.

Back
Top Bottom