Midi Request For Feeding Synths

Bix

I don't know if this has been suggested or whether it's even possible but it would be really cool if the AXE using it's pitch detection algo, could output these notes via midi. In my particular case, I record with VSTi's and it would be very handy if I could record the midi output from the AXE and then using a VSTi plugin convert my playing to strings, horns, piano, etc... Cliff, it would be really cool to get some feedback on this as an option, even if it's not possible.

Thanks
Mike

Yes, it has been brought up.

Here is what Cliff said about it:

No, it's really beyond the scope of the unit's intended purpose. I could do it but then it becomes a synthesizer and people will start demanding synth features. It's important that a product always have a clear focus. If you start diluting the focus and becoming reactionary you end up pleasing no one.

Perhaps a future product.

CC

Well thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback. Sorry to ask something that's already been requested... would be cool though!

Mike

Yeah I posted the other thread with a similar request. Java I think you misunderstood this request, as its pretty much the same as mine, and we both agreed it didn't fall under Cliff's statement. This request is for the opposite.

derker said:
Yeah I posted the other thread with a similar request. Java I think you misunderstood this request, as its pretty much the same as mine, and we both agreed it didn't fall under Cliff's statement. This request is for the opposite.

So, your wanting to do a Roland VG kind of thing?

Cliff has said it's not possible with the current hardware.

Back
Top Bottom